First ride with a Cycle Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I have been wanting to do this for a while but working the night shift meant I wasn't up early enough on a Sunday due to my sleep pattern. I have recently changed from nights to the early shift so I am up by 6 am on a Sunday now. My local Cycle Club is Hemel Hempstead CC and I thought I would give one of their Sunday rides a try. I arrived at the meeting point 15 minutes early and one by one 15 or so riders turned up, I introduced myself to the ride leader and was made to feel welcome from the start. The group split into two rides the Mod, a social ride averaging 15-16mph and the faster group. I joined the Mod group with 9 others and we headed off into the Chiltern Hills. Everyone was friendly to the 'new boy' and I really enjoyed myself, more than I thought I would. I had a fantastic ride, 53 miles at an average of 15.5 mph. I will definitely be joining the club and already looking forward to next weekend.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good on ya. It's always nice to hear of a club that has a very welcoming attitude to new joinees.

Top Bottom