First ride with disability.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ORrecumbent1

Being disabled with MS (I have some permanent damage from a flare up), I find doing some things very challenging. I.E. I get very tired very fast. Today, I did my first ride on my new Sun EZ Tri Classic trike and went approx. a 1/2 mile. It whooped the tar out of me but, going to stick with it 'til I build up some stamina for some longer rides. Hoping to eventually get to a point to do a small local tour from my home here in Corvallis, OR. over to the Oregon coast.

Yesterday, I picked up a used EZ Racers Tour Easy Classic to prepare for those small tours. I'm shooting for my trip the beginning of summer '18. Will use the time in between to build up endurance and gather some equipment. Thanks for listening and look forward to sharing and learning. TW

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Well done fella. I bet it felt great to be out and about :smile:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Congratulations. I have medical issues including fatigue too and find diet is a key element to providing energy to fuel rides. Build your exercise up slowly and your stamina will increase. It’s inportant to give yourself time to improve and never give up. Rest days in between rides will help your muscles recover too.

I look forward to hearing about how your tour goes in the summer. :okay:

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

Thanks for the tips! I am mindful not to over do it to much and kept it at .5 miles for starters. I will definitely take time to let the muscles adjust and recover. Will keep posting on my progress as I prepare for the summer. Any tips on foods for fuel?

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

Thank you and to all for the likes! I will be going into town tomorrow and looking to volunteering at this local bike place. It is called the Corvallis Bike Collective and they have a shop where you can do all your work for free and use their tools. They also look for volunteers of al skill levels so, what better of a place to learn all the ins and outs I say?!:smile:

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

A neighbor, who I was talking with this afternoon, gave me this cool little trailer to clean/fix up to tow behind my bike when I'm ready to start longer distances. I thought that was pretty cool! Being on a fixed income, free is always a good price in my book!

fjo3e4j.jpg

xzenonuk

Veteran
wow they look awesome i bet they seats are comfy, i don't think i have seen any of them about on my travels :smile:

that trailer looks like it would suit your red one pretty good once it is done up, the volunteer place sounds like a sweet deal as well :smile:

OP
OP
ORrecumbent1

ORrecumbent1

Yeah, I was thinking that it would go with the trike better myself. These recumbent bikes are really comfortable to sit and ride on. Especially if you have a disability! Depending on how things go tomorrow, as far as the volunteering thing goes, I might take the trailer down there to work on it and get it fixed up.

Top Bottom