First road bike with approx £2-3k budget any reccomendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
image.jpg
Don't forget the obligatory photos!

Oh go on then , a bike of beauty love it hopefully get out tomorrow morning as the forecast is to be a little better fingers crossed !

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Lord that's a lot of seatpost!

Apparently it could do with going up a little more as well but the fella setting it up said to try it & see how I get on with it , a comfortable setting apparently !

I'll ride it as it is for 6 weeks ( hopefully starting tomorrow) then can take it back to the shop for additional tweaks & also a shoe fitting for clip in pedals .

I chose pedals that are flat on one side & have the clip on cleats on the others so the option to clip in once I get the feeling for the bike

A bag for my tools , 2 x bottle cages & bottles a new helmet & 2 inner tubes completed the purchase !

And returned home with my entry number for the London to Southend ride .

huwsparky

Über Member
Your saddle should be .883 of your Inseem from centre of bb to top of saddle. This is where your starting point should be and then adjust from there.

I don't really understand why they said it should be higher and then left it? Unless your seat post isn't long enough. Incorrect saddle height is probably the main cause of discomfort/injury in riding a bike and unnecessary as it's pretty easy to get right.

As Vickster said, that's a lot of seat post!

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
They took lots of measurements overall height , height of hip , height of sturnum , hands by my side etc & then pop it all into the computer , bike was set up & I road in the shop on the set up machine for a good while it fealt comfortable , there's more seat post if need be but think that'll be fine & more than better anything I need .

Kajjal

Guru
If you find the drop to the handle bars too much and the reach, flipping the stem upright will reduce both by moving the bars upwards and backwards. Some like myself prefer a more upright position and use the drops for speed.

Nice looking bike :smile:

That is a lovely looking bike

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Oh my how good are road bikes !

Well set off this morning nervously I must add & just took my time as everything fealt alien to me , thought that I'd just do my normal 20 mile loop as I'm familiar with the roads , drains & pot holes !

Well 20 miles was a breeze so I added another part that makes my route 40 miles I was absolutely the buzzing the reward that the bike gives you back through the effort that you put in has totally blown me away , 40 miles wasn't enough so down to a local beauty spot that added another 12 miles onto the route & my first ever 50 mile ride box ticked !!

Bike fealt amazing totally amazing , yes you guessed it I love it !

Had a few little issues thst more time in the saddle will put right , took a little time getting used to the gear changing up & down & what lever to use couple of times I messed it up & it through my feet off the pedals , the ride position was really comfortable I did feel a little numbness in my left foot but that soon went & I did get that on the MTB at times as well .

I sat up on the high part of the handlebars 99% of the ride though did have one little go right down in the drop position but the end of the handle bars fealt thin in my hands compared to the chunky top bar but afain will get used to that .

Just totally awesome how good the brakes are , how smooth the gear changes are & the clicking / purring noise from the chain gears as moving along at a reasonable pace .

I moved my top rail food bag ( though it's full of tools up to the stem & that was good there ) think I will get another seat post bag & put my tools into that & can then keep my haribo's in my food bag up front & a bit of money , yes I forgot money so no tea & no cake not good !

Still buzzing love it thanks all once again :smile:

Now to wash my new baby !

Top Bottom