First road bike with approx £2-3k budget any reccomendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brilliant. That's what it is all about.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Yes mate , they said I will get a call from them once they recieve the bike and then I go in to the store again to be measured etc and apparently they put all my sizes into the computer & it produces them with a print out of what should be the ideal set up / geometry to suit me , another road test & more changes can be made if need be , I'm well excited now can't wait !

Daunted by clip in pedals but let's get the bike first to start hey !

Funny how the right shop seals the deal. My only road bike was also a Giant from a Giant shop and the level of service is what helped me make the final choice. I assume they are independent franchises, so that's probably a coincidence. Impressive they take orders on a Sunday night!

long & very tall

Yeah, if you are 6'5" the bike is long and very tall!

Edit: oh yeah, congrats. And kudos on excellent decision making. Buying the first one you tried? Wow.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Funny how the right shop seals the deal. My only road bike was also a Giant from a Giant shop and the level of service is what helped me make the final choice. I assume they are independent franchises, so that's probably a coincidence. Impressive they take orders on a Sunday night!

I was well impressed I hate shopping for anything with a vengeance as so many staff lack any product knowledge whatsoever I guess I'm thinking currys , pc world etc ...

These guys were so helpful I explained it was my first bike purchase & what I'd be using it for & agreed it ticked all the boxes & I never felt any pressure whatsoever to purchase the bike there & then

Yeah, if you are 6'5" the bike is long and very tall!

Edit: oh yeah, congrats. And kudos on excellent decision making. Buying the first one you tried? Wow.

They can make the bike shorter apparently I got a little lost when they were explaining it , they said I was reaching to far & to much pressure on my shoulders etc but this will all be sorted on the fit / set up , the seat seemed high just looking at it but once I was on it they adjusted it taller !

I played golf to a reasonale standard a few years back & had a custom set of golf clubs made , long reach etc think I neeed 2" or so added to the shaft & the loft changing , the whole bike set up procedure reminded me of this similar fit out

I'm a firm believer that things happen in life for a reason and they had the bike I wanted in stock & to try it out , most outlets only stock the popular sizes Med etc but was the size / colour I wanted so it just had to be done .

Was advised it was easier to order on line from home & by doing that you get the choice of Giant store to order / pick your bike up from hence the Sunday night ordering[/QUOTE]

Wafer

Veteran
All sounds good! Looking forward to you showing your bianchi mates what's what ;)

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Great service continues ...

E mail last night from Giant saying bike shipped , another this morning from Giant Radlett saying bikes arrived & ready for collection a quick call confirms that yep it's already for me , fitting & adjustments to be done Saturday morning & then I can take it away !

Woop ! Woop !

Is it Saturday yet .....?

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
To much on at the mo for that , did think of having a blast round there after work on Thursday as they're open till 8pm but not going to risk the M25 traffic on a Thursday evening , I'll leave early Saturday morning & I'll be waiting for them to open ^_^

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Home !

All safetly in the van waiting for it to stop raining now , then fit new water bottle holders , garmin mount & bag & will be ready to go out later if it brightens up !

Thanks for everyone's contribution to this thread ^_^

Top Bottom