First road bike with approx £2-3k budget any reccomendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
Ah the battle of the brands has heated up :smile:

On a different track, if I was looking to spend £1000-1500 on a road bike I'd be looking for something aluminium framed, carbon fork, disc brakes either trp cable or whatever hydraulics, and tiagra/105 gears. If I could find something I liked along those lines at the lower end of the range I'd probably look at adding some wheels too as bikes around that price don't usually get a great set. For the right bike (I'm thinking a steel alternative for example) the above could be flexible :smile:

Would look at 'racier' bikes as well as those called sportive/endurance, cyclocross/cx or descriptions like all road, adventure, gravel bike.

Others would have different priorities, you can get full carbon for that price, you might not want/be fussed about disc brakes etc...

Oh and fit/feel will trump specs anyway :smile: several people say it and I'm learning it too!

Everyone has brands they like and don't. I've bought cannondale and Genesis and would happily buy either again (equilibrium disc looks sooooooo nice) and don't generally like the look of giants even though they are perfectly good bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Going back to his 3k budget, he is the perfect height for getting one of these absolute beauties built up. :wub:

https://www.condorcycles.com/collec...ing-bikes/products/condor-gran-fondo-frameset

Well jell...wish I was 4 inches taller :sad:

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
image.jpg
Lol ! What on earth have I started !

Keep the opinions coming fellas I'm loving reading it , just back from ticking the 40 Mile barrier on my old MTB & still loved every minute of it , had a rye smile as all the roadies headed in the other direction on there lovely shiny road bikes .

I'll continue to look around & take aboard all the comments on here whilst I keep peddling the MTB , the new grips transformed the bike that was another suggestion on here so thanks

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Lol just thanked you in the other thread the ergon gp3 ones you said , awesome they were !

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Ha ha part of me likes to be different I must say ;) local roads here today heaving with cyclists 50/60 road bikes 1 other MTB I. Must of seen surely that's telling telling me something lol !

But .....

Do love my bike & still buzzing after ride this morning & want to go again but Mrs Tiny now has DIY for me to do !!!

Karlt

View attachment 122696 Lol ! What on earth have I started !

Keep the opinions coming fellas I'm loving reading it , just back from ticking the 40 Mile barrier on my old MTB & still loved every minute of it , had a rye smile as all the roadies headed in the other direction on there lovely shiny road bikes .

I'll continue to look around & take aboard all the comments on here whilst I keep peddling the MTB , the new grips transformed the bike that was another suggestion on here so thanks

[/tangent] There's a certain irony in doing 40 miles with only 1000' of climbing (I do more than that on some of my commutes over 14-15 miles) on a Mountain bike. But since you're selling it anyway...

What make is your mtb?

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
[/tangent] There's a certain irony in doing 40 miles with only 1000' of climbing (I do more than that on some of my commutes over 14-15 miles) on a Mountain bike. But since you're selling it anyway...

Lol certainly not selling it mate , only been riding 6/7 days after getting the bike back out the shed after a couple of years collecting dust , so guess I'm a bit happy by what I've achieved so far that's all .

Well done you on your commutes

cm2mackem

Über Member
Lol yes I'm fully aware of that mate , the budgets come down to £1k to £1500 now , but no rush whilst i enjoy riding my MTB I'll stick with that for a while .
Pop into decathlon at lakeside and have spin on their DI2 carbon in the sale for £2k , but only in black and not for the snobs

Top Bottom