First road bike with approx £2-3k budget any reccomendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's nonsense to claim that any one bike is better than another.

Are you sure you mean this?

Permit me a little reductio ad absurdam:

Would you really suggest that a Dogma 8 is no better than a Sports Direct £100 special?

outlash

also available in orange
Well, clearly he's not. He's obviously in a bianchi micro-environment, with a small group of friends where Bianchi and road-bike are interchangeable terms. Now he's got a wider view.

But wait....

I'm getting battered from the 3 mates all Bianchi boys through & through lol so yes it will be hard not to get one , plus I've got a good dealer on my doorstep , so think we can say it'll be a Bianchi lol ( sorry non Bianchi boys ! ) though will try a few as not in to much rush yeah right whilst I kid myself again !

He's obviously in a bianchi micro-environment, with a small group of friends where Bianchi and road-bike are interchangeable terms. Now he's got a wider view.

You are quite right. I had the pleasure of visiting said Bianchi micro-environment last week at Benfleet and the shop is a paradise. The welcome is warm and generous. Free beer, food and coffee. As one of my companions said, "This place is our clubhouse."

But wait....
OK, but still not a waste of time, he now knows he can spend less.

You are quite right. I had the pleasure of visiting said Bianchi micro-environment last week at Benfleet and the shop is a paradise. The welcome is warm and generous. Free beer, food and coffee. As one of my companions said, "This place is our clubhouse."
Yeah, ok. I don't like celeste - reason I didn't test ride a bianchi, actually, but I think I still might move to Benfleet.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Tiny01 if you want a Bianchi, get one...BUT there are a lot of other brands out there...depends if you only want to support the local shop, not a bad thing, and have the same brand of bike as your mates, or something different

The question is are the mates proper Bianchistas with Campag only? If not, scoff at them and a buy a De Rosa ;)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Many of our Bianchis are black.
Much worse...I almost bought a red one 5 years ago

Many of our Bianchis are black.
I know, but I was buying a tiagra equipped alloy frame capable of taking mudguards and a rack. That model in 2012 was celeste.

and the benfleet shop is celeste.

scale-500x500.jpg

outlash

also available in orange
OK, but still not a waste of time, he now knows he can spend less.

Yeah, ok. I don't like celeste - reason I didn't test ride a bianchi, actually, but I think I still might move to Benfleet.

I'm sure even the most blinkered of people can see there are bikes made by other brands. Question is do you want one? Looks pretty obvious to me the answer is no.

Many moons ago, Phill Jupitus used to joke nearby Stanford le Hope should be renamed Stanford no Hope. Not much has changed.

I'm sure even the most blinkered of people can see there are bikes made by other brands. Question is do you want one? Looks pretty obvious to me the answer is no.
Last weekend, he didn't even think road bikes were practical for him. He's come a long way in 6 days. It's possible he isn't entirely devoted to one brand yet, it's just all he knows about.

6' 5" tall don't fancy being bent over a road bike for any amount of time I must say , unless I'm missing something ?

I have edited this post to withdraw something that was wrong. Thanks to Vickster for correcting me.

the idea of joining a local club & competing in time trials is appealing I must say & feel that's the way it's going to end up

There is no reason why someone cannot be big and athletic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom