First road bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict

Ok I don't know what makes are good or bad.that bike just looked nice. It's only a bike to get me fit. What about the Vitus razor? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67804
I haven't even clicked that link TBH because in your position I'd strongly advise you buy in store so you can test the bike out. Buying on-line is great if you a) know what your looking at, and b) know enough about sizing and set up to get it right yourself.

Places like Evans don't sell BSO's, and you can test them as well, it's a win win. If you buy the wrong bike and don't like it then you won't use it, simple as that.

PS: I am not affiliated to Evans in anyway, but due to their stock levels and amount of different makes you get a lot of options to look at and try.

OP
OP
M

Mikeynew

Out of the two triban 5 and felt f95. What is the Bigger name and what one has the higher spec? Both look appealling

boybiker

Guru
Try getting a bike on the ride to work scheme through your employer if they they take part. That way you can go for a better bike or at least spread the payments out over a year!

OP
OP
M

Mikeynew

just half hour ago put down a deposit on a specialized allez 16 black/charcole

OP
OP
M

Mikeynew

just a thought. befor i get the bike thursday. would i be best to wait two weeks and get the 2013 model? im unsure as its cheaper?!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
just a thought. befor i get the bike thursday. would i be best to wait two weeks and get the 2013 model? im unsure as its cheaper?!
I would say always get the old/outgoing model. It's where the bargains are. The new model is always either dearer or a lower spec at the same price, it's just the way of the world!

OP
OP
M

Mikeynew

At my local bike shop.. Specilized Allez 16 2012 is £475 and the new 2013 model in two weeks is £450

Top Bottom