First Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you're happy buying second hand you'll get a very nice bike at that sort of budget.

Or if you really want new, Halfords have this on run out at just £525 (reduced from £700) which is a much better bike than the Carrera:
www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-comp-bike-51-5-53-55-5-57-5cm-frames
00.JPG

OP
OP
N

Northernlegs

Regular
Thanks for the 'nod' @gaijintendo - possibly a touch big unless you're v leggy).
I also have a BNIB (bought 2 identical bikes for Mrs and I - she didn't even appreciate the gesture and her words were "How can I spend years saying YOU DON'T NEED MORE THAN ONE BIKE and then have two myself?") Wilier Montegrappa Sora size med (54.5) suitable 5'7-5'10.
Let me know if interested; I can squeeze it posted within your budget

EDIT: The very bottom of your budget (£400 posted) that is!!!
Thanks ive seen one new for 494

Kernow_T

Über Member
Didn't initially state (an important point) in my earlier post that I meant I could squeeze the BNIB Wilier to the very bottom of your budget posted.
Cheers mate

OP
OP
N

Northernlegs

Regular
Didn't initially state (an important point) in my earlier post that I meant I could squeeze the BNIB Wilier to the very bottom of your budget posted.
Cheers mate
Thanks mate think im going to buy new and up price and pay finance see a few nice SCOTTS and a TREK at around 6-800, but these Pinnacles seem value for money but look basic.

xzenonuk

Veteran
have a look at the decathlon range, for that type of moolah you could get a very nice road bike brand new :smile:

im using the triban 500se my self and it performs great on the upgraded wheels i put on it and the whole bike is on clearance for only 250 quid, but for that budget you have i would seriously consider them over halfords ones, they have very good bikes in every price bracket, i drool over their road bikes in your price range every time i go in and the customer service is really good at my local one :smile:

Top Bottom