first self build, opinions and help wanted

• Thread starter Deleted member 41544
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@cyberknight how did you find the r500 wheels? they appear to be pretty good for the price
The r500s are cracking wheels for the money, you can pick them up cheap enough from rose / ribble , they are lot lighter than stock wheels on carreras and entry level boardmans , cup and cone bearings in mine so easy enough to maintain.
I actually stuck mine back on after a winter riding decathlon stock wheel they sell at a similar price and the bike instantly felt like it wanted to accelerate and hold its speed over my commute and set a pb for my return trip (until traffic ) i was heading for 17 mph average over 10 miles which for me is good as the 1st mile is a single track cycle path and then about 400 feet of climbing in the last 3 miles , with panniers .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I actually have rs 11`s on my boardman , and apart from being a little lighter and a few less spokes theres not a lot in it.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 41544

I put the second hand rs 10's on my old bike, its still a cheap bike but makes a massive difference, can get up hills now with out having to get off and push.
Just bought some carbon forks from a scott for £30
also cinelli via bianca white seat post £17
selle italia q bik flow saddle white £18

three more major purchases left then I can get this thing put together and hopefully start averaging more than 17mph
brakes
wheels
cassette

the wheels and cassette i'll probably get from ribble, gonna go 11-28 or maybe even 25, i'm getting up hills using big ring on my cheap bike so 25 should probs do it on the back.

I wasn't going to change the brakes but they've seen better days and with all the shiny new stuff they'll look out of place and ruin the bling, plus with how stupidly fast I'll be going I figure I'm gonna need
some stopping power. I'm thinking shimano tiagras, but am I right in thinking its the pads/blocks that make the difference?

Top Bottom