First signs of Christmas....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thurs 24th October, FFS....

8DE84DB6-0946-493F-AC3B-E13E912A60B6.jpeg

Shame on you Heathrow T5 B gates.

D

Deleted member 26715

I noticed yesterday the village has started to put up the lamp post decorations at least I don't think they are being lit in the evening

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I like Christmas so I can just about accept the mini trees advertising Christmas displays, but a full size tree in October is wrong.

there’s already a small child at the base no doubt getting over excited and nagging his parents for presents.

johnblack

Über Member
I've had my invitation from the local farm to go to their annual turkey and wine tasting, 3rd Nov. Can't wait, love it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I work in a residential care home. The woman who works in the laundry put a CD on today (in a public area), it was some kind of Christmas compilation. It got half way through track 1 before I removed it and hid her CD!

There followed a ding dong battle between her and I regarding the rights and wrongs of playing a Christmas CD on 6th November. She got quite heated about it, at one time telling me that I'm not a manager and that she has the right to play whatever CD's she likes. Yes; in your laundry, I tried to explain; this is NOT Morrison's supermarket (even they haven't started it yet) and the rest of us don't want to be force fed this dross for the next 7 weeks.

We ended up at the manager's office, seeking her opinion. No Christmas music until December is the verdict. Common sense prevails, although I would prefer to see it banned until about mid December.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I work in a residential care home. The woman who works in the laundry put a CD on today (in a public area), it was some kind of Christmas compilation. It got half way through track 1 before I removed it and hid her CD!

There followed a ding dong battle between her and I regarding the rights and wrongs of playing a Christmas CD on 6th November. She got quite heated about it, at one time telling me that I'm not a manager and that she has the right to play whatever CD's she likes. Yes; in your laundry, I tried to explain; this is NOT Morrison's supermarket (even they haven't started it yet) and the rest of us don't want to be force fed this dross for the next 7 weeks.

We ended up at the manager's office, seeking her opinion. No Christmas music until December is the verdict. Common sense prevails, although I would prefer to see it banned until about mid December.
Heroic!

Top Bottom