First signs of Christmas....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I work in a residential care home. The woman who works in the laundry put a CD on today (in a public area), it was some kind of Christmas compilation. It got half way through track 1 before I removed it and hid her CD!

There followed a ding dong battle between her and I regarding the rights and wrongs of playing a Christmas CD on 6th November. She got quite heated about it, at one time telling me that I'm not a manager and that she has the right to play whatever CD's she likes. Yes; in your laundry, I tried to explain; this is NOT Morrison's supermarket (even they haven't started it yet) and the rest of us don't want to be force fed this dross for the next 7 weeks.

We ended up at the manager's office, seeking her opinion. No Christmas music until December is the verdict. Common sense prevails, although I would prefer to see it banned until about mid December.
Whats wrong with a ban until, say, Dec 22nd ^_^

GM

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I get a Kelly Bronze, and it's without doubt the best turkey I've ever tried, but that can be a low bar, so I also prefer it to goose, duck, guinea fowl or pheasant. I put it with those as it actually tastes like a game bird rather than a large dry chicken.
Well lucky you. Having tried a variety of so called ‘Premium’ Turkeys. I wouldn‘t let any of them grace my table. The only benefit of Turkey is quantity at which it succeeds overly well.
Goose or ribs of beef any-day for me, something flavoursome.

Top Bottom