First signs of Christmas....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've had my invitation from the local farm to go to their annual turkey and wine tasting, 3rd Nov. Can't wait, love it.
Now wine tasting I can understand as there is such variety in taste and quality. But turkey tasting??

Dave7

Legendary Member
I work in a residential care home. The woman who works in the laundry put a CD on today (in a public area), it was some kind of Christmas compilation. It got half way through track 1 before I removed it and hid her CD!

There followed a ding dong battle between her and I regarding the rights and wrongs of playing a Christmas CD on 6th November. She got quite heated about it, at one time telling me that I'm not a manager and that she has the right to play whatever CD's she likes. Yes; in your laundry, I tried to explain; this is NOT Morrison's supermarket (even they haven't started it yet) and the rest of us don't want to be force fed this dross for the next 7 weeks.

We ended up at the manager's office, seeking her opinion. No Christmas music until December is the verdict. Common sense prevails, although I would prefer to see it banned until about mid December.
Whats wrong with a ban until, say, Dec 22nd ^_^

johnblack

Über Member
Really? Damn fine compared to what?
I get a Kelly Bronze, and it's without doubt the best turkey I've ever tried, but that can be a low bar, so I also prefer it to goose, duck, guinea fowl or pheasant. I put it with those as it actually tastes like a game bird rather than a large dry chicken.

GM

Legendary Member

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I get a Kelly Bronze, and it's without doubt the best turkey I've ever tried, but that can be a low bar, so I also prefer it to goose, duck, guinea fowl or pheasant. I put it with those as it actually tastes like a game bird rather than a large dry chicken.
Well lucky you. Having tried a variety of so called ‘Premium’ Turkeys. I wouldn‘t let any of them grace my table. The only benefit of Turkey is quantity at which it succeeds overly well.
Goose or ribs of beef any-day for me, something flavoursome.

Top Bottom