First Signs of Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
First chiffchaff yesterday, they are always a backdrop to spring.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i wish it would stay dry enough so i can mow the grass
1710680464858.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Its all happening now, as I was golfing this afternoon and saw a rather confused looking hedgehog making Its way across open ground along the 18th fairway. I know your not supposed to interfere with nature but there's a lot can go wrong in that space for a hedgehog in daylight, so I lifted it to the side in some shrubbery. He seemed to like it.

Gillstay

Über Member
Its all happening now, as I was golfing this afternoon and saw a rather confused looking hedgehog making Its way across open ground along the 18th fairway. I know your not supposed to interfere with nature but there's a lot can go wrong in that space for a hedgehog in daylight, so I lifted it to the side in some shrubbery. He seemed to like it.

If a hedgehog is out in daylight its already in trouble. Well done. I often take them to hedgehog rescue when they are out and sadly a few have not made it to be returned.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found a dead fly in my bath the other day, and a live one elsewhere in the house today. A bit early in the year for them, I would have thought?

I have no idea where they came from because there are no windows open. I had a fly infestation last year and I had no idea where they came from either... Hopefully, this isn't leading up to me being re-crowned Lord of the Flies! :whistle:

Mike_P

Guru
I've had a couple of flies in the house this year. Think they sneak in when a door is opened.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I found a dead fly in my bath the other day, and a live one elsewhere in the house today. A bit early in the year for them, I would have thought?

I have no idea where they came from because there are no windows open. I had a fly infestation last year and I had no idea where they came from either... Hopefully, this isn't leading up to me being re-crowned Lord of the Flies! :whistle:

You might have a few maggots hiding somewhere that are starting to hatch out

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You might have a few maggots hiding somewhere that are starting to hatch out
I assumed that the eggs had all hatched last year, but apparently not!

It is still a complete mystery where the originals hatched. I searched everywhere and couldn't find any food dropped on the floor. The food recycling bags are kept in my back yard, not the house.

It was horrible when it happened - no flies to literally hundreds overnight!! :eek:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I assumed that the eggs had all hatched last year, but apparently not!

It is still a complete mystery where the originals hatched. I searched everywhere and couldn't find any food dropped on the floor. The food recycling bags are kept in my back yard, not the house.

It was horrible when it happened - no flies to literally hundreds overnight!! :eek:

A few years ago we had a plague of flies for weeks and nearly every house in the town was affected. Nobody ever admitted to it but it was thought they came from the landfill site about a mile away which was being restructured from the old town dump into something which was better in some way.
With a good wind they would have been carried our direction.

Top Bottom