First Signs of Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The days are getting longer and er, that's about it.:headshake:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Haven’t seen any geese for a couple of weeks, they must have moved on.
They are still around although not as many. Looking out now I can see greylag, Canada and pink foot, some of whom will migrate. Whooper swans were around last week. Ospreys are starting to come back which is always exciting. Last year the male at Foulshaw arrived before it’s long standing mate, then a younger female arrived testing his loyalty before his mate finally turned up!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Cyclists are now out in shorts, windproof and gloves no longer needed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cyclists are now out in shorts, windproof and gloves no longer needed.
Some have been riding like that up here throughout the winter! Also, young posties doing their rounds in shorts, including one evidently frost-proof man who wasn't even wearing socks!!! :wacko:

As for me - I was badly chilled by cold headwinds along the Exe just a week ago despite wearing a gilet, arm warmers, gloves and overshoes.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The flimsy purple Crocuses outside my flat's door only had two weeks life, then the housing association workmen mowed them down the other day!:rolleyes:

nc_ohc=QAO-ljewCL4AX8fV94j&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=pF1NonZem9wAX9cCcsp&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We didn’t turn the heating on at all for the first time this year yesterday!
I looked up what date it was for me here last year... About 5 weeks after this!

I am using the heating less now though, turning it on after I get up rather than needing it to warm the house before I get up, and turning it off 2 hours before going to bed.

Top Bottom