First SPD pedals - a couple of questions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
^^^ Thanks for posting the update and it's good to hear you feel they're a worthwhile additon. :thumbsup:
For me, they're definitely a worthwhile addition... feels much more secure and efficient, and given my experiences yesterday I think I've already cracked the fear of not being able to un-clip and falling over!

Managed to get out this afternoon for my 15 mile "round the Hillfoots" route and smashed my previous best time by 4 minutes, and increased my average to 16.5mph :smile:

Now need to have an early night so I can be at Lidl's bright and early tomorrow to grab some bargains :biggrin:

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
For me, they're definitely a worthwhile addition... feels much more secure and efficient, and given my experiences yesterday I think I've already cracked the fear of not being able to un-clip and falling over!

Managed to get out this afternoon for my 15 mile "round the Hillfoots" route and smashed my previous best time by 4 minutes, and increased my average to 16.5mph :smile:

Now need to have an early night so I can be at Lidl's bright and early tomorrow to grab some bargains :biggrin:

That's really good going and it's all positive which is great! I was all set to order some silver pedals but i'm thinking about a black bike instead now so it might be the black ones instead. :whistle:

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
That's really good going and it's all positive which is great! I was all set to order some silver pedals but i'm thinking about a black bike instead now so it might be the black ones instead. :whistle:
Cheers GazP!

Well, my bike's black but given the fact that my chainset is silver I went with silver M520's... but they're so dinky, I don't think it matters which finish you go for LOL!

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Cheers GazP!

Well, my bike's black but given the fact that my chainset is silver I went with silver M520's... but they're so dinky, I don't think it matters which finish you go for LOL!

That's prpably a very good point! ha ha. (I guess once you're on the bike it's not like you can see them either!.. - think i'll just go order the silver ones ;))

Daveb99

Fitted my M520 pedals today and went on a 16 mile ride to test them out - my first time clipless. Much easier than I thought it would be, I think it helps that the pedals are double sided. I had the tension at its loosest and my heels were a little loose, so I've wound the tension up a bit so that will hopefully sort it.

They work very well with the dhb M1 shoes, total cost under £65 for shoes and pedals, happy with that!

For anyone interested in buying Shimano M520 pedals, I would strongly recommend them, a great buy if you're on a budget. Mine were just £19.59 from www.tweekscycles.com - bargain!

Top Bottom