First Sportive this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
Doing my first sportive this Sunday "The Circuit of Kent" I'm both excited and nervous, is anyone else from here doing it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why are you nervous? It's just a ride with other cyclists in the countryside.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I got nervous on my first organised ride a few years back. It was a 37 mile ride from London to Windsor. I hadn't done anything like the mileage previously so I went out a couple of evenings before and did a 25 mile loop around my local area. Gave me the confidence I needed to breeze the sportive.

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
It's my first one so just hope i've done enough to get round without bonking (doing the 130km route) there's four of us going together, the other three have all done sportives before. Should be fun but like @Biker Joe said its the unknown.
Just hopping the weather holds.:rain:

sackville d

Veteran
He's riding a sportive - not going into space.. ;)
:rofl::laugh:

OP
OP
DWiggy

DWiggy

Über Member
Sportive done, had a great time and the turnout and organization was amazing, felt really good up until the last 4 miles (130km route) but managed to get up the last hill without getting off! Finished in 4:26 (moving time) but one of our comrades had a big blow-out that took about 20mins.

Cant wait for the next one!

Biker Joe

Über Member
Sportive done, had a great time and the turnout and organization was amazing, felt really good up until the last 4 miles (130km route) but managed to get up the last hill without getting off! Finished in 4:26 (moving time) but one of our comrades had a big blow-out that took about 20mins.

Cant wait for the next one!
Fantastic!:bravo:Well done:dance:.:thumbsup:.

Top Bottom