First Sportive....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi! I am doing my first sportive on the 28th of June (four weeks this Sunday). I chose the shorter route of 65 miles... I did a 50 miler yesterday but would like to do a 60 before the big day, if I was to do a 60 two weeks before hand, is that peaking too early? I only have 3 days a month that I can fit in a long ride and the next nearest one to the sportive it's self is far too close.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you can only do 3 long rides a month then I'd suggest doing all of them if you can! You are not exactly going to be overtrained.

If you felt ok on the 50-miler, then you are probably not going to struggle riding the 65 miles, assuming that the terrain is similar, and that you are riding at about the same speed.

Enjoy the event!

Last edited:
If you can do 50 miles easy enough then you don't need to do any training.
Yeah, this^^^

Unless you fell off your bike, gasping for air, after 50 miles, you can relax. Do 50 or 60 or 100 rides when you get a chance over the next few weeks, but if you didn't get on your bike again between now and the sportive, I'd doubt you'd have a problem - but you'd be a little detrained, so a little slower. So do ride when you can.

Reactions: Moe
Top Bottom