First Spring Project started

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Now this wasn’t part of the original plan, but last night after watching the usual garden tv projects. We decided we would remove the gravel path, reseed it over and then put in black slate stepping stones down to the man cave. The dog will love it that gravel is gone.

so this is how it looked

and so far before the snow and drizzle started, I have got to this

will add to the thread as I go along.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It’s -1 out the back this morning with a very cold wind........so no path work today

OP
OP
J

jowwy

wow, lots of resources to re-purpose! meaning the gravel & pavers. any plans for those?
Pavers are going to the inlaws and the gravel is being repurposed around the new raised planters in my veggie garden area....

also 2 tonne of topsoil ordered ready to fill the space and seed

OP
OP
J

jowwy

removed all the chippings and re-purposed those over to the veggie garden area, slabs now need to be stacked down side of house ready for father in law to collect.....

topsoil is now arriving monday when its dry and sunny so i can lay that down and add seed - will add photos monday

OP
OP
J

jowwy

so you'll seed it all even tho you're putting down stepping stones? or will you put down the stones then seed? what stones will you get?
Seeding it for this year as we havent decided if we are defo going to step it or not yet

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Tonne bag of topsoil added - will let the rain hit it for the next two days now, then add some more to top it up before seeding........

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So after another 1.5 tonne of topsoil and 2.5kgs of grass seed, its time to watch and let it all grow back.

There was some dips in the garden and what i found out after heavy rain, was that the path, was built ontop of another path, so water was pooling everywhere. So back out with the fork and shovel, dug it all back up and then needed more topsoil and compost to fill it all back in. But its done now and i can now chill and watch it all grow back into a nice lush green lawn........hopefully

It’ll take a good six months to thicken up and a year to look natural. We did our front last year, I’ll take some photos tomorrow when the light is better and do a before and after. ^_^

Top Bottom