First Spring Project started

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hard seating grass from Wilko’s which I believe is ryegrass. It isn’t in the best of conditions as the hedge has shaded it and it’s grown some moss but that might be due to the use of cheap topsoil and cheap song the existing soil that was there and wasn’t screened.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hard seating grass from Wilko’s which I believe is ryegrass. It isn’t in the best of conditions as the hedge has shaded it and it’s grown some moss but that might be due to the use of cheap topsoil and cheap song the existing soil that was there and wasn’t screened.
ah ok - im using dwarf perennial and creeping red fescue....its a more hardy grass for lawns with heavy foot fall and pets.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

All the seed down and some are starting to germinate

OP
OP
J

jowwy

that's exciting! you guys are so far ahead of us. was looking at some bare patches I need to do
Its been double figure temps here for the last few days, so hoping it all starts to pick up soon and grow a bit quicker.......also garden centres can open in wales from today, so i can start planning new plants and were they will go.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Happy bunny this evening to see new grass shoots coming up on the path.........

Julia9054

Guru
Well done - please keep adding photos, I am interested to see how it comes on.
I am hoping to do something similar. We have a nasty concrete path that I want to remove and turn into lawn. Got a lad I used to teach coming round tomorrow to give me a quote for the back breaking bit!
20210328_150827.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I am hoping to do something similar. We have a nasty concrete path that I want to remove and turn into lawn. Got a lad I used to teach coming round tomorrow to give me a quote for the back breaking bit!
View attachment 581301
Thats going to take some lifting......

Gunk

Guru
View attachment 581301

A legacy from when most gardens were used for growing veg.

Top Bottom