First step to world domination: Which breadmaker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kenwood Chef Excel for the initial mixing.
Lots of very satisfying hand kneading
In tins, plats, rolls .... whatever takes your fancy
Cook it in the oven.

Still trying to understand why folks need yet another kitchen gadget....
I don't want to have forearms like Popeye(honest everyone i kneed my own bread:whistle:)
Make soda bread just now but do like idea of waking to fresh bread.
If it matches my red anodised kettle even better!;)

Now we are getting down to the core issue. Do any have a dial that goes to eleven?
Ooh eleven is good!:becool:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got a Panasonic (can't remember the number), but it predates the model when they first introduced the input dispenser, and Mr Summerdays still worked in Bath (and there wasn't a Waitrose on the opposite bank of the river), when he was able to get a slight discount through work (and he's worked for several companies since!). Yep that old and still doing fine.

I mostly use it to mix the dough then I take it out to bake in the oven.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I use the whizzy thingy... I think they are known as Kitchen Aids to mix & knead dough as I can't do the kneading thing (poorly wrist) they work wonderfully... you can also retard the dough overnight and bake it as you get up.

I did have a bread maker I did not like the bread it produced but that was many many moons ago...

Morphy Richards, at least 15 years old now.

I make the trends me. Fresh bread and pumpkin oil.

Even the Guardian was behind me.

I feel dizzy now.

Firestorm

Veteran
With equipment like this Mrs FS and I go for the cheap option (usually Aldi/Lidl) then if we use it a lot tend to upgrade.
Our bread maker was an impulse buy from Lidl about 6 months ago and despite being used often, we have not had the urge to upgrade.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I had a Morphy Richards which failed after a year or so use. I replaced it with the Panasonic. The mixing process is different on the Panasonic and makes much better bread and is much more forgiving about cutting back the sugar/salt content of the recipe.

I usually use it to make dough which I then use to make buns.

I usually use it to make dough which I then use to make buns.

Any photos of your buns?

To add to the mix, we've had a Panasonic for ~10 years and its fine. Don't know about nuts, dispensers or numbers but it does bake bread.

subaqua

What’s the point
we had a morphy richards for about 10 years till we wore it out.

replaced with a kenwood which is just as good.

BIL had a panasonic for about 10 years and wore it out , but realised he was only using it for mixing and proving before knocking back by hand for a proper oven bake.

so he bought a decent food mixer with a dough hook. has had great results , and i like the final knocking back by hand too ( fnaaar theres one for free)

Top Bottom