First Time On The Roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Took me a little while, but today was my first ride out on the ICE Trice Q from my front door, the previous 3 excursions all involving putting it in the van and driving to Windsor Great Park. Felt surprisingly comfortable on the roads, admittedly it was reasonably early so not overly busy, but it's a start:smile:
Also did a little towpath riding, discovering that trikes don't fit through all gates...
9th July 2017 Trike & Five Swimmers.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Recumnelentorents are a big gap in my cycling CV. Summat like that would suit my nacked shoulder.

classic33

Leg End Member
Took me a little while, but today was my first ride out on the ICE Trice Q from my front door, the previous 3 excursions all involving putting it in the van and driving to Windsor Great Park. Felt surprisingly comfortable on the roads, admittedly it was reasonably early so not overly busy, but it's a start:smile:
Also did a little towpath riding, discovering that trikes don't fit through all gates...
View attachment 361332
Next step Rush Hour traffic?

classic33

Leg End Member
I find I get much more space on my recumbent than my road bike. There's a theory that because the bikes are different we get noticed much more. Not had a problem with being seen in over 3,000 miles of laid back riding.
Close on a hundred miles a week.

byegad

Legendary Member
I find I get much more space on my recumbent than my road bike. There's a theory that because the bikes are different we get noticed much more. Not had a problem with being seen in over 3,000 miles of laid back riding.
With rather more 1000s of laid back miles since 2005 I'd vouch for that. When I rode a mix of recumbent bike, recumbent trike and several uprights some 10 years ago, I really noticed haw super close motorists passed an upright compared to a recumbent bike or trike. So much so that I gave up upright bikes because I got so much extra room when laid back.

Top Bottom