First time x2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leedsmick

Well today has been fantastic. Finally took the plunge and took my new bike out.

So not only was it my first time on a road bike but also the first time clipped in.

Overall im blown away with the difference between riding my mtb on roads to this.

I forgot about the pedals until my first major junction and all went smoothly....a bit of a faff getting my left foot back in but ill get there.

The biggest change was climbing, i could feel the power and the bike going forward, i loved it. Many happy days ahead.

Attachments

• 20160218_115639.jpg
    20160218_115639.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 89

claudbutler

Well done^_^ I bought a road bike complete with clip in pedals over a year a go, i,v been out on it only 4 times:sad: [it just freaked me out being clipped in].So to prove to my oh that it was not a complete waste of money I WILL TRY AGAIN:unsure:

OP
OP
leedsmick

leedsmick

The super light steering as well !!

That suprised me actually. Talk about over steering. I did almost ride into a ditch a couple of times getting used to the shifters.

I rode out of the saddle properly today as it just felt right and for once i seemed to go faster.

Cant wait to get back out tomorrow

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a racer as a kid until 16 then bought myself a proper road bike. Even going from a racer to a real road bike, the steering was so light and tight !!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well done^_^ I bought a road bike complete with clip in pedals over a year a go, i,v been out on it only 4 times:sad: [it just freaked me out being clipped in].So to prove to my oh that it was not a complete waste of money I WILL TRY AGAIN:unsure:
Could you try it with some good grippy pedals? I've not ridden clipped in for twenty years.

claudbutler

Could you try it with some good grippy pedals? I've not ridden clipped in for twenty years.
Your right, of course,but at the moment changing the pedals would be like removing the super smart wheels of my maclaren f1 and fitting bog standard pressed steel ones. Its my first exspensive[to me]bike and it looks great, so i will give the clippys another go.:sweat:

Doobiesis

Über Member
That's better then my first experience with a road bike, I fell off in rush hour and had two lines of traffic laughing at me. I felt every part of the road and my back ached. I got home and burst into tears!

claudbutler

That's better then my first experience with a road bike, I fell off in rush hour and had two lines of traffic laughing at me. I felt every part of the road and my back ached. I got home and burst into tears!
Your Braver than me i went out on traffic freeish roads

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Your right, of course,but at the moment changing the pedals would be like removing the super smart wheels of my maclaren f1 and fitting bog standard pressed steel ones. Its my first exspensive[to me]bike and it looks great, so i will give the clippys another go.:sweat:
I think that's being a bit daft, but you could probably buy some sleek expensive flat pedals rather than the £19.99 clippys that were probably bundled with it ;)

Sadly and surprisingly, Velo Orange pedal designs are surprisingly poor and not very expensive, for a change :laugh:

Jimidh

Veteran
Good man - riding a proper road bike whilst clipped in makes you a proper cyclist - anything else is just playing on your bike^_^

Top Bottom