first tour done!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p90ade

2 of us are doing jogle in june and have been training alot getting in lots of miles but we have only ever done big 1 day rides (around 80-100 miles in a day).
but friday we packed up the panniers and went for a short training tour round wales.
we did a very hilly (welsh mountains) 137 miles friday, stopped the night in barmouth and then another very hilly 110 miles home yesterday.

i enjoyed it loads and now its made me even more excited for jogle, just hope we can maintain the mileage for 8 days.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well done, one probelm though................

This thread is nothing without pics!!!

OP
OP
P

p90ade

Kirstie said:
137 and 110 consecutively isn't my idea of short! What's your target for LEJOG?

We are doing jogle in 8 days so we are looking 120-130 aday.
We would love to take longer and enjoy it more but unfortunatly we don't have the time.

OP
OP
P

p90ade

We originaly had 15 days to do it but due to work we had to cut it down and by then we had already got our minds set for jogle.

Anthony

Good luck with your tour. I think its admirable your aim of doing in 8 days. Generally I agree that touring should be done in a relaxed manner with mileage not the main issue; but as a person who enjoys a good challenge, I can see the appeal of your plan.

You probably won't enjoy the actual trip as much at the time, but afterwards you will have a great sense of achievement that will last a lifetime.

Top Bottom