First tour -thumbs up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d87heaven

Completed my first tour last week and all I can say is.........I'm already planning to go again next year!

I spent 6 days in Holland going via Harwich and had a blast. Me and the girlfriend did 5 days riding with a stop visiting relatives and averaged out about 40 miles a day.
Getting off the ferry into strong winds and torrential rain was a bit of a shock, esp as it rained non stop for the next 12 hours.
Mostly the ride went to plan but i learned a few things. Take suncream, I got burnt even though it was cloudy and I work outside all day.
Get the waterproofs on, I was okay for a couple of hours but after that the wind got through and I got cold.
Stopping and admiring the scenery means your route takes a lot longer than planned.
Getting clothing dry is a pain even if staying in a hotel.
Getting lost is not always a bad thing.
Holland has beautiful beaches.
Stuffing loads of cheese, liquorice and stroopwafel in your panniers makes for the hill outside of harwich seem to go on for ever!
But the biggest thing I learnt is .................its brilliant!
I might give France a try next year.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Congratulations, glad you had a good time. If you can face up to a nasty wind and rain, well, everything improves after that.....

So... you have a list of what went right and what didn't? What you'd do differently?

Top Bottom