First Track Session - Done :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely freakin' loved it :hyper:

I already had a session booked for November with some work mates, but myself and NotThatJasonKenny of this parish sneaked down there today, (well we booked it a couple of weeks ago TBH).

TBH we were getting increasingly nervous as 12 o'clock loomed, and when we walked through the doors to where the bikes are waiting, looked up and saw the rake of the banking you could smell the tension in the air :laugh:xx(

Anyhoo, we set off from the rail, went around the blue bit, then straight onto the grey bit, all under the watchful eye of the coach, then onto the next bit, then a bit higher, then Jesus H Christ we're at the top of the track, it's feckin' marvellous, what a feeling, double freakin' awesome.

If you haven't done it, do it, and do it now. I can't recommend it highly enough, and I can't imagine I'll be waiting until November before I go back, but next time I'll take my Fuji fixed with me as my knee was starting to gripe on their Dolan a bit :sad:

I need to get a 14 or 15T sprocket for it though because right now it's running 46:16 which is only 77.6 gear inches. A 14 will take it to 88.7" and a 15 to 82.8", they recommend 84" for taster sessions.

I've also told Mrs S that I want a velodrome in the back garden, but she wasn't impressed :whistle:

Right I'm off to the shed to take the brakes of my Fuji and start getting her track ready ^_^

Anyhoo, here I am afterwards with Mr Harris. I am wearing my CC bibs underneath, and I would have worn my CC shirt as well, but hey ho........................:whistle:
scaled.php

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Good fun innit?!

JDP

Andiamo
I'm guessing this was in Manchester?
I was planning on doing one of these and kept phoning to get a booking and they kept fobbing me off. Turned out that there was no session due to the Master Championships. Will be going to watch that now but really gutted that I didn't get to do a taster.

colly

Re member eR
Anyone up for another sesh at Manchester??

It's kind of difficult to get bookings 'cos they book up fast. If anyone's interested speak up and I'll see what's on offer.

Danbo???

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Anyone up for another sesh at Manchester??

It's kind of difficult to get bookings 'cos they book up fast. If anyone's interested speak up and I'll see what's on offer.

Danbo???
Yep :hyper:

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
As Smokey said, it was awesome and anyone not booking one out of nerves or fear should have no worries, a couple of laps and the nerves have gone and the adrenalin kicks in...

Roll on the next one!

Top Bottom