first trip on the Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
First trip out on the Brompton they are great just a pleasure to ride
DSC_1783.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
First trip out on the Brompton they are great just a pleasure to ride View attachment 84800
You've seen the light!

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
I was like a kid in a sweet shop well I thought I am only doing it once no regrets I think it's lovely I think the colour is the hardest thing to chose still not quit shore why I wanted one don't commute don't need.a folding bike have two other folders as well I think the Brompton just rides so nice I might just do some touring on it quit fancy just booking a plane ticket to Sydney and have few weeks cycling out there

OP
OP
Dirtyhanz

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
It's an s6l b spoke and whent for the marathon tyres the shimano hub dynamo Brooks b17 mini o bag the colour was the hardest thing to chose really liked the arctic blue.
I am a bit of a bike collector I have a few 16 inch wheeled bikes and must say Brompton is very good I have a lovely 1964 moulton they both ride very similar I don't get no front end movement and I can ride both with no hands I have a dahon curve that you would not really ride one handed so bad it would be a hard choice to say which is the best between the moulton and the Brompton but I would say that they are great design bikes the genius of moulton and the total practical Brompton both are beautifully made

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's an s6l b spoke and whent for the marathon tyres the shimano hub dynamo Brooks b17 mini o bag the colour was the hardest thing to chose really liked the arctic blue.
I am a bit of a bike collector I have a few 16 inch wheeled bikes and must say Brompton is very good I have a lovely 1964 moulton they both ride very similar I don't get no front end movement and I can ride both with no hands I have a dahon curve that you would not really ride one handed so bad it would be a hard choice to say which is the best between the moulton and the Brompton but I would say that they are great design bikes the genius of moulton and the total practical Brompton both are beautifully made

Smitten!
I have to say that riding the Brompton for the first few times really reminded me of riding a Moulton Mini when I was a kid. And to be fair riding the Brompton makes me feel like a kid again. It's so nimble, agile, fast accelerating that it makes my racier bikes feel like barges.
My justification (apart from I've always wanted one) is that I take it abroad on business trips in an Polaris EVA bikepod so that during downtime I can get some exercise. But, what I'malso finding is that I'm starting more and more to use it as everyday transport; to the shops,on local errands, to work even walking the dog! The Saddle-bag bodge has worked so well I'm also considering some simple touring on it too.
I'm loving it ....

Top Bottom