First TT last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Did a Wednesday 10 with North Lancs RC last night, my first ever. It was windy and there's 327 feet of climbing and ten sharp bends in the 10 miles. I reckoned I should be able to crack 30 minutes so I set off using my average speed readout and the up/down arrow to gauge my effort. Crossed the line at 20.1 mph average, which gave me a time of 30.02! That means I'll have to do it again next week if it's less windy. I quite enjoyed myself and found everybody especially the old boys from North Lancs who ran the TT very friendly. Towards the end the legs were beginning to tire but the lungs were inside-out and I coughed for a few minutes after finishing. Not bad for a 61 year-old late-comer to road riding though.

Poor Gti Junior failed to understand the course and only did 1.5 circuits before realising his mistake and shooting off again, meaning he did 33.40. He will be doing it again next week as well! A good lesson in concentration and listening to instructions!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Pretty compelling isn't it? Which course was it?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
It was the standard squareish course between Edisford Bridge and Bashall Barn just outside Clitheroe. You do about 2.5 laps.

screenman

Legendary Member
Get them to remeasure the course, it must be longer than a ten.

Good result for a first time, be a 25 soon.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Well done you, it's certainly on my list of things to do, this year's focus is the 100 mile sportive in Oct (not currently riding due to shoulder injury/ op) maybe I'll make 2018 my TT year.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just did a rough plot of the course and it definitely is NOT an easy one. In the picture below I started the plot from Edisford, though I am sure that the TT would start from further round where there is less traffic.

2.5 x this in 30 minutes sounds like a very good beginner oldie's effort!

TT course near Clitheroe.jpg

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
You've got it Colin. The start line is at 706416 in your image and the finish is just beyond the track to Thirty Acres Farm, going anti-clockwise. However Bikehike gives the circuit as 3.9 miles and the 2.5 approx trips around gives exactly ten miles. Bikehike gives 327 ft of climb in those 2.5 circuits. Yesterday the wind was north-easterly.

Top Bottom