First TT tonight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
This year I've a) got a road bike and ;) got a lot fitter so I've entered my club's 6 round TT series. The first one's tonight, a five miler, and I'm a bit apprehensive about it. I really want to do a 14min (or below if I'm honest) time which means an average of just over 21mph.

Any tips for the day/ride? I've started out with a big bowl of porridge and I've planned my eating to include a fair few carbs to ensure lots of energy. It's about 6-7 miles away so I'll get a nice slow warm-up on the way there too.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Do some hard efforts in your warm up so you are prepared for the effort, for a short TT you should be working pretty hard!

Good luck!

I've never done a TT shorter than a 10, I'd quite like to try a 5.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ive never done a TT, but I did read/have been told its very good to warm up for 30-60 mins before, ramping up your effort until you are about 80% race effort.

Then pedal till you puke :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have you received your bike from C+ yet?
how's it going with that.. or do we have to wait for the next issue?

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
ianrauk said:
Have you received your bike from C+ yet?
how's it going with that.. or do we have to wait for the next issue?

Yep, it's all here. It's a lovely bike - Verenti Millook. I've never ridden anything other than a 2004 Allez Sport so it was a bit of a shock! The coaching's good too, and I've put in more effort in my riding to work - longer distances and more climbing mostly.

I'm in this month's mag, and the bolg's online. The TT will be featured in next weeks blog so I'd best pull the digit out!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hope you are having fun Eldudino! :smile:

Great photos on the C+ blog, including the wee "helper" :laugh:
You are starting to look a bit greyhound-like :laugh:, must be very pleased with your progress. I also wondered whether some us might know who the "friend" mentioned a couple of times might be :evil:.

Let us know how you got on! & come and join us for a CC Ecosse ride, we'll wait for you to catch up, honest :laugh:;)

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Ok, just back. Did it in 12 minutes flat, which I'm well chuffed with. The fastest time was low 10's.

There was a tailwind and I asked how much to add if there hadn't been and they reckon a minute, minute and a half so I'd have been chuffed with either of those times but getting a 12 flat has got me over the moon!

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
Hope you are having fun Eldudino! :smile:

Great photos on the C+ blog, including the wee "helper" :laugh:
You are starting to look a bit greyhound-like :laugh:, must be very pleased with your progress. I also wondered whether some us might know who the "friend" mentioned a couple of times might be :evil:.

Let us know how you got on! & come and join us for a CC Ecosse ride, we'll wait for you to catch up, honest :laugh:;)

T

Thanks TM. The wee helper is very proficient at bike maintenance!

I'd love to be able to make the next CC Ecosse ride but it's a couple of days before my chartership exams and I'll be busy revising. Next one is a definite though.

"Our friend" was there tonight, I rode his bike as mine didn't arrive. Lots of thanks to Scook94 for that and taking pics and listening to my adrenaline-fuelled blabbing in the car on the way home!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Well done :evil:.

I'm not sure I can imagine myself ever going that fast for 5mi unless it was downhill :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
I'd love to be able to make the next CC Ecosse ride but it's a couple of days before my chartership exams and I'll be busy revising. Next one is a definite though.

"Our friend" was there tonight, I rode his bike as mine didn't arrive. Lots of thanks to Scook94 for that and taking pics and listening to my adrenaline-fuelled blabbing in the car on the way home!

Yes we are awaiting the "landscape ride" :-) Good luck with the exams (can't remember if I said already on the other thread)

:biggrin::evil: TWELVE minutes ... congratulations!

We need to see the pics :biggrin: and get an adrenaline-filled write-up!
(I am sure I am not the only CCer who knows nothing about club TTs, do you all head off at the same time, or in groups, or at intervals?)

T

Noodley

Well done :evil:

I did my first TT this week as well, a 9 mile club event - I'm still buzzing from it, it was brilliant! Hard and sore and wet and windy....but brilliant.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
We need to see the pics :rofl: and get an adrenaline-filled write-up!
(I am sure I am not the only CCer who knows nothing about club TTs, do you all head off at the same time, or in groups, or at intervals?)

The write up will be on my blog next week and possibly in Cycling Plus next month!

I didn't know much about TT's either, the best advice I was given was about 2mins before I went to the start line!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Telemark said:
Yes we are awaiting the "landscape ride" :-) Good luck with the exams (can't remember if I said already on the other thread)

:biggrin:;) TWELVE minutes ... congratulations!

We need to see the pics :biggrin: and get an adrenaline-filled write-up!

T

Ive not done a club 10 before (ive only just mailed my club application off) but my understanding it riders usually set of at intervals of 60 sec, i.e say start time is 9am, rider 1 goes at 9:00am, if you are rider 3, you will set of at 9:03am, rider 12 will set of at 9:12am. If you sign up in advance you should get your number in advance (lots of clubs run club leagues and will keep same number throughout the season). If paying at the line I dont know the procedure.

And well done Eldudino, thats a pretty damn good time for a 1st go!

Top Bottom