First Waspyfeckers of 2015?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Clegs/Horseflies are worse than wasps imo. At least with a wasp you have a chance because they're highly visible and noisy. Clegs are silent and generally you won't be aware of them until after the damage has been done.
They're the Stealth Bomber of the insect world.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And so 'Silly Season' has started.... :rolleyes:
This is cycle chat what do you expect

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I opened the shed door yesterday, to be confronted by a wasp hovering in front of my face. It lingered there for a bit, as if to say "I'm back...ha ha ha" before flying off down the garden. I appreciate the pest control job they do, but I still hate them.

Clegs/Horseflies are worse than wasps imo. At least with a wasp you have a chance because they're highly visible and noisy. Clegs are silent and generally you won't be aware of them until after the damage has been done.
They're the Stealth Bomber of the insect world.
They always get me when I'm cutting the grass. As usual, if I am wearing insect repellent, they (and mozzies) find it highly delicious and consider it to be a nice bit of dressing added to the meal (me).

Nope. Missus rang me at work on 21 January panicking that she'd found this beastie crawling across her bedding.

Attachments

• IMG-20150121-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150121-WA0000.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 31

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
We get nest after nest in the roof space at the back of our house. When we had the kitchen refitted 5 years ago and put a new ceiling in there were 8 of various sizes in the roof space - luckily they were all dead, apart from one very small one. I have also found another 2 in the loft upstairs as well. They are all at the back and maybe it is because it is a south facing wall, but I won't go in the loft from June until December just in case.

Top Bottom