First Waspyfeckers of 2015?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
A cleg is the Norse name for a horsefly, I was bitten on my a*se (another Norse word) by one in France a few years ago, horrible things.

I worked with a chap about 15 yrs ago who almost died after being bitten on the leg by a dirty horse fly at a Hill Climb event. The poison got up as far as his nodes in the groin and the docs said if it had passed there he would be dead. It kept re-surfacing and he was hospitalised each time. Nasty feckers!!

MisterStan

Label Required
I opened the shed door yesterday, to be confronted by a wasp hovering in front of my face. It lingered there for a bit, as if to say "I'm back...ha ha ha" before flying off down the garden. I appreciate the pest control job they do, but I still hate them.

I don't mind wasps now I've realised they have no interest in me whatsoever unless I'm covered in something sweet. There was one in the shed when I opened the door the other evening.
I've had a couple buzzing around the shed for the last few days, upon closer inspection last night, I discovered the beginnings of a nest. I shoed the wasps out and burnt it.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Have a look at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp

Quote :- Almost every pest insect species has at least one wasp species that preys upon it or parasitizes it, making wasps critically important in natural control of their numbers, or natural biocontrol.

I want the lovely ones that will see to the fecker-aphids on my beans and fecker-caterpillars on my brassicas (no this isn't an invitation for a Fnaar contribution).

ayceejay

Guru
flies.jpg

Top Bottom