First week after the surgery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atomboy

On 9th January I started again to ride my cycle, after a surgery because of a slipped disc, and I was very gald. The obligate resting took 135 days. I went to do gymnastics and swam a lot on the last months. and in december the doctor told me that I could start again the riding. But there was a lot of snow and the roads were icy, so I had to wait for the first day when everything melted.

I rode almost 60 km on that week, the weather was great, some cyclists said hello to me. I almost forgot, I met 2 idiot drivers.

It happened on the 2nd day, I don't have any idea why he honked so long. Well, there is a yellow line on the sidewalk, but that is not a cycle path. The video is unlisted because I wait for the reply from that firm. It wasn't an ambulance, it was a vehicle what carries the sick people.

The 2nd incident was on friday. After it, I asked the driver, why did it. He answered, I should go on the wayside. I asked again, If i want to go straigth, why do I have to go on the turn lane?

Ahh, the drivers' behavior didn't changed any. I will enjoy this year.

It happened on the 2nd day, I don't have any idea why he honked so long. Well, there is a yellow line on the sidewalk, but that is not a cycle path.

I've had similar, I think it was just because the driver thought they were too important to be held up behind a cyclist. They got the irony of their situation 2 secs (10m) later when they were stuck in a kilometre queue.

slugonabike

Hi atomboy I'm glad that your disc surgery seems to have been successful and that you are now back on your bike. I wish you many kilometers of happy cycling.

I had a lumbar discectomy early in November and have just managed one very short ride so far. The surgery has not been effective and I'm now due for another epidural next week.

Top Bottom