First week commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Graham1 said:
Got the pedals am currently using my old running shirts, one reason for cycling is i have had to pack up jogging as my 51yr old legs cant take it anymore having hauled 19 st around for years, but the served their purpose am now 15 st and getting fitter every day, I assume cycling jerseys are much the same as my wicking running shirts.

Nice one Graham!
I quite often use my running kit on the bike, especially when I first started. I've started to aquire cycling specific stuff over time. I still prefer my long sleeved running tops though, and my running shorts are really nice and airy to cycle in for the hotter weather.

Tynan

Veteran
I've recently learnt that in warm weather, close fitting cycle wear is best, I ride warm and it picks up the sweat instantly, anything looser lets it pool and then run, the sweat is there to evaporate, anything that helps it do that is a good thing, and cycle wear is cut to fit you in cycle position

Good stuff, Graham - very impressive.

Lots of good advice on here and I'll add to it: make sure you get a decent amount of sleep or else the miles can really catch up with you (esp when you're just starting out with the cycling).

Ignore the mick takers, they're jealous!

Top Bottom