First wobbly tooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My eldest has got his first wobbly tooth! I'm finding it a bit stressful...What if he swallows it??? (I know the answer probably involves a sieve!!!). Also what are people's thoughts about keeping them? I always find it a bit weird that people would want to. Does anyone look back on them fondly or is it just gross?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I swallowed most of mine. Also pulled a couple out prematurely. Didn't do me any harm...

:rofl:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Most teeth aren't swallowed, instead they normally seem to come at some awkward moment and they will wobble them lots near the end. Once out put it in a box or anything to make it a little bigger when you are searching under that pillow as that's the time you are most likely to be unable to find it!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I always tell my friends kids that if they put the tooth under a pillow at night, the tooth fairy will come at night and leave £50.00

My friends love it when I do that.

young Ed

Veteran
My boy, who's 7, shows no signs of wobbly teeth at all, all his classmates have lost teeth and he's a bit concerned he hasn't.
nothing to worry about, comes at different ages for all. i know some people in my year (about 16 years old) who haven't gone through puberty yet where as other have finished
i wouldn't worry

as for OP i wouldn't worry if he swallows them just tell him the tooth fairy is magic and will still find them somehow, i think that's what my parents told me and my bro's
Cheers Ed

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We've been through the logic with him, not working so far.
The only bad point I can think of based on a friend of ours who was even later than mine was that the first four all came out relatively quickly which made it difficult to bite food for a short while. Lots of cutting food up small for a couple of months!

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
You may find it stressful for quite some time as well...they can take aaaaaaages to come out - recommend lots of chewy toffee and hard fruit (apples, plums, pears, etc). Don't think we've kept any of the old teeth, but I can never be sure...nobody tells me nuffin!

Top Bottom