First World Problem, Part Two. An Offie in Amsterdam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm touched by the generous offers from @Sandra6, @toffee and @Alan H but I think it would all get a bit complicated, especially as regards actually delivering it when he might not be at home. Delivery companies have ways of re-delivering etc. Anyway, many, many thanks. I'll keep searching for grog merchants Centrum, Amsterdam.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I used to be part of a fantastic network of mums in Amsterdam, they would probably offer to pop round with the bottle and cheer your friend up for you. Unfortunately I was banished after upsetting people by pointing out that there was nothing wrong with using a public toilet in the exact same manner you use a private one.
If you are on Facebook, and can be trusted not to say things like "why on earth would you let your child pee in a cup instead of use the toilet?" Then search for Amsterdam mamas and request to join, then ask the question there.
Great story!

U

User169

I'm touched by the generous offers from @Sandra6, @toffee and @Alan H but I think it would all get a bit complicated, especially as regards actually delivering it when he might not be at home. Delivery companies have ways of re-delivering etc. Anyway, many, many thanks. I'll keep searching for grog merchants Centrum, Amsterdam.

I think you can likely get Gall en Gall to deliver wherever you want. Its a chain of off licences.

Edit: yes, you can order via their website and there s an option to add a message.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Well, I settled on L'Hexagone Cave a Vin and some Gigondas that cost a bit more than I originally wished, but one must get a sense of proportion given the circumstances. They deliver for Euros 7.50 which is pretty good. BTW, I know nothing about wine...more of a Yellow Beer man now. We used to drink this stuff under the shade of a tree, eating long lunches, and talking absolute bullsh*t somewhere in Provence 25 years ago . I have fond memories of it, and some things never change.
Here it is....
http://www.lhexagone.nl/gigondas-la-cave/126-le-brut-du-foudre-56.html
Thank you for your help. I'm very grateful for all your posts.:cheers:

BTW, can the Mods come up with a faintly effete wine-sipping smiley????

Top Bottom