Fish and mushrooms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Fish - battered and deep fried
Mushrooms - breaded and deep fried
Chips.
Cannae see why that wouldnae work well - maybe mushrooms and fish only dinnae work if yer being all poncey* about it.

* not making use of a deep fat fryer

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Fish - battered and deep fried
Mushrooms - breaded and deep fried
Chips.
Cannae see why that wouldnae work well - maybe mushrooms and fish only dinnae work if yer being all poncey* about it.

* not making use of a deep fat fryer
In a parrallel world where Jamie Oliver is Scottish:whistle:

mangaman

Maybe in the mélange of a stir fry the mushrooms can get lost enough to get away with it^_^
With a stir fry of chicken or strips of sirloin - shrooms are a definite go-er!

Well, that depends on the shroom :thumbsup:

Dried Asian shrooms are great as the liquid you get from rehydrating them acts as a stock and the shrooms are delicious

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, that depends on the shroom :thumbsup:

Dried Asian shrooms are great as the liquid you get from rehydrating them acts as a stock and the shrooms are delicious
Okay, okay! When am I comng round to dinner?
Chilled sauvignon blanc or something less flowery?

U

User482

Other things that don't go together - fish and tomato - just wrong, lamb and mint or lamb and rosemary...mint is for icecream or chocloate and rosemary needs to stay in the garden.

Heathen!

U

User482

I'm starting to worry about you lot and your funny tastes...according to my quick and dirty analysis it's quite possible for me to be right and at least 2 million others to be wrong :whistle:

I'm quite happy for you to carry on with your belief. The rest of us will just get on with eating nice food. ;)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm with Rich on the fish and shrooms things. As a rule. But rules are made to be broken. I saw someone somewhere serve poached bass fillets with Craterellus cornucopioides, and it looked absolutely sensational. Might still have tasted weird, of course, but it was a thing of beauty.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm with Rich on the fish and shrooms things. As a rule. But rules are made to be broken. I saw someone somewhere serve poached bass fillets with Craterellus cornucopioides, and it looked absolutely sensational. Might still have tasted weird, of course, but it was a thing of beauty.

Must be a posh restaurant if the menu's in Latin?

Top Bottom