Fishing for grayling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Just got back from fishing the tees,with my son and his mate.I wanted a grayling,as its my fave fish,and lo and behold:biggrin:Now im not pretending im an expert,more luck than knowhow i think,but last time was the same too,except i got two.My son and his mate were sick of hearing how captain grayling strikes again:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nice to see it has a bayleaf already attached. :biggrin:
Pity there's nowt in the pic to give a sense of size/scale...oh yes, there's your special 2 inch across landing net :biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Nice to see it has a bayleaf already attached. :biggrin:
Pity there's nowt in the pic to give a sense of size/scale...oh yes, there's your special 2 inch across landing net :biggrin:xx(

Its one of those massive 3 feet by 3 feet specimen nets:biggrin:

Actually the net is three sides of eighteen inches long,So a nice fish.:biggrin:

I didnt notice the leaf,till i looked at the picture at home

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
longers said:
What is it you like so much about grayling col?

Its seems to be a good cold weather fish,i like the shape ,with the sail dorsal fin,and its powerful,always get a good tug when i hook them,all the way in to the landing net,and they take flies too.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Having looked at the bigger version of your picture it is indeed beautiful. And yes I do think fish can be beautiful.

You put it back after the photo?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
longers said:
Having looked at the bigger version of your picture it is indeed beautiful. And yes I do think fish can be beautiful.

You put it back after the photo?

I always do,barbless hooks,i never use a keep net,and always help them back.I have a seat and brolly setup,but rarely use it,i prefer to cycle to the river with a rod, a pocket of things, and a landing net that folds up,the type a fly fisher might use,oh and a little flask of coffee,and something to munch on.Nice and light,and walk the bank until i find a nice looking spot.We only went for three hours this morning,but what a lovely day,sun shining and very cold,but it was the wind that beat us in the end.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thats a stunning fish :biggrin:

I've always wanted to fish the Tees for Grayling, the stuff of dreams I should think :biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Panter said:
Thats a stunning fish :biggrin:

I've always wanted to fish the Tees for Grayling, the stuff of dreams I should think :biggrin:

It is,i love it when the weather is bright but cold,and have time to be at the river,here is where we were fishing.The little bit sticking out about middle left of the pic ,is where i was trotting a float too,and hooked it.

Top Bottom