1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness Classes

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yorkshiregoth, 23 Jan 2008.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Just got back from my first fitness class, I was the only man there out of 13 ladies. So I had all the attention :wacko:

Hard work though, came back sweating more than a 4 hour ride on the bike.

Any other blokes on here go to these kind of classes?

2. simonali

simonali Über Member

Did you sit on a big ball?

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I should but I don't. I've done the gym thing more times than I care to recall and each time it ends with a fight over terminating my membership early.

I am thinking about doing a yoga type class at the local adult ed college...purely because I am attracted to fitwomen in leotards you understand.

4. OP
    OP
    yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

No swiss balls or dubious bubblegum as in the other thread.

5. Monst

Monst New Member

My club do a Wednesday evening circuit training session....heavily biased towards legs and core strength.

6. betty swollocks

betty swollocks large member

I do highly-choreographed Step aerobics twice a week.
    It's a great workout on or near my anaerobic threshold and tests my motor fitness too.
    Love it!

7. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

It must be a long way, why do you have to drive there?:wacko:

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Our local gym has started doing Spin classes - I pay for my wife's membership, but I hate gyms - yeh I've done it loads, but hate the self obsessed fellas/women that don't break a sweat..... get me in a spin class...... so long as I can use Look pedals (no not LOOK about).....

So what happens at spin.... do you set your own level, then do spins when the instructor says so.... ?

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I'd much rather cycle to a rough area of town, with nothing but my lock as a weapon, and smash the heads of maurauding bike-jackers with my lock...

Than go to a spin class

10. betty swollocks

:?:

I do actually cycle there.
    Last week I went for an evening Step class. In the changing room, I discovered that I'd left my trainers at home, so I shoved my other kit into a locker and pedalled off home to get them.
    At home again, I found that I'd left my house keys in the locker! So, I turned round, headed off to the gym again, retrieved my keys, cycled home again, collected my trainers and still made it back in time for the class.
    Silly me.

11. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So what was the total distance you cycled to get the keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. betty swollocks

It's 2.2 miles from my place to the gym.

13. red_tom

red_tom New Member

I do circuits twice a week at the rowing club.

The last session was

4 x 25 reps of each exercise (so 8 sets total at each station), alternating with a partner. The weighted excercises were done at 50% of max

Power clean / Burpees
    Front Squat / Squat thrusts
    Bench Press / Rat hops (Squatting down with a weight plate held on your chest and then powering into the air)
    Bench row / Knee tucks (Jump and tuck knees into chest)
    Upright row / Crunches
    1 Min skipping / 1 Min side plank (30 secs each side)

Cycling up hills on my Pompino on the way home way pretty hard ;)

14. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

My local gym has fitness classes for the over fifties. These are held at 10 am on the assumption that no one over fifty is still working.

15. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Gyms are a bit 'posey' for me.

Why the mirrors :evil:

Did once do an east european movement thing once (cant think of the name) but that was weird...!

Dont know if I would do an aerobics thing as its just women and itd be hard not to keep your mind serious without thinking of sex ! ;)