Fitness Classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Just got back from my first fitness class, I was the only man there out of 13 ladies. So I had all the attention :wacko:

Hard work though, came back sweating more than a 4 hour ride on the bike.

Any other blokes on here go to these kind of classes?

simonali

Guru
Did you sit on a big ball?

Bigtallfatbloke

I should but I don't. I've done the gym thing more times than I care to recall and each time it ends with a fight over terminating my membership early.

I am thinking about doing a yoga type class at the local adult ed college...purely because I am attracted to fitwomen in leotards you understand.

betty swollocks

large member
I do highly-choreographed Step aerobics twice a week.
It's a great workout on or near my anaerobic threshold and tests my motor fitness too.
Love it!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our local gym has started doing Spin classes - I pay for my wife's membership, but I hate gyms - yeh I've done it loads, but hate the self obsessed fellas/women that don't break a sweat..... get me in a spin class...... so long as I can use Look pedals (no not LOOK about).....

So what happens at spin.... do you set your own level, then do spins when the instructor says so.... ?

Abitrary

I'd much rather cycle to a rough area of town, with nothing but my lock as a weapon, and smash the heads of maurauding bike-jackers with my lock...

Than go to a spin class

betty swollocks

large member
Speicher said:
It must be a long way, why do you have to drive there?:wacko:

:?:

I do actually cycle there.
Last week I went for an evening Step class. In the changing room, I discovered that I'd left my trainers at home, so I shoved my other kit into a locker and pedalled off home to get them.
At home again, I found that I'd left my house keys in the locker! So, I turned round, headed off to the gym again, retrieved my keys, cycled home again, collected my trainers and still made it back in time for the class.
Silly me.

red_tom

I do circuits twice a week at the rowing club.

The last session was

4 x 25 reps of each exercise (so 8 sets total at each station), alternating with a partner. The weighted excercises were done at 50% of max

Power clean / Burpees
Front Squat / Squat thrusts
Bench Press / Rat hops (Squatting down with a weight plate held on your chest and then powering into the air)
Bench row / Knee tucks (Jump and tuck knees into chest)
Upright row / Crunches
1 Min skipping / 1 Min side plank (30 secs each side)

Cycling up hills on my Pompino on the way home way pretty hard ;)

yorkshiregoth said:
Just got back from my first fitness class, I was the only man there out of 13 ladies. So I had all the attention ;)

Hard work though, came back sweating more than a 4 hour ride on the bike.

Any other blokes on here go to these kind of classes?

My local gym has fitness classes for the over fifties. These are held at 10 am on the assumption that no one over fifty is still working.

yenrod

Gyms are a bit 'posey' for me.

Why the mirrors :evil:

Did once do an east european movement thing once (cant think of the name) but that was weird...!

Dont know if I would do an aerobics thing as its just women and itd be hard not to keep your mind serious without thinking of sex ! ;)

Top Bottom