fitting a bar bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
on my sora equipped tourer I just push the cables out of the way, so they go down the sides of, and then under, the bar bag when attaching my bar bag with a rixen & kaul klickfix bracket. but I have very wide drop bars as I'm a big bloke.

contrary to what various doom-mongers have told me, it has zero effect, absolutely none whatsoever, on the shifting ime

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
on my sora equipped tourer I just push the cables out of the way, so they go down the sides of, and then under, the bar bag when attaching my bar bag with a rixen & kaul klickfix bracket. but I have very wide drop bars as I'm a big bloke.

contrary to what various doom-mongers have told me, it has zero effect, absolutely none whatsoever, on the shifting ime

Why was my post removed?
If it was because I had linked to a bar bag that fitted drops + shifters, I wasn't advertising, and lot of other people include links to products.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Why was my post removed?
If it was because I had linked to a bar bag that fitted drops + shifters, I wasn't advertising, and lot of other people include links to products.

No idea. Suggest you draw admin's attention to your post

tyred

Legendary Member
Why was my post removed?

There are duplicate posts on this subject and you've posted in the other one originally.

potsy

Rambler
Why was my post removed?

Stop being so paranoid Spinney,your post is still there but there are 2 identical threads.
tongue.gif

You're on the other one.

OP
OP
G

Graham1

thank you, i have a bag that i used on my flat bar bike. i have wide bars Greg so i will give your way a try, just thought there might be some way of moving or extending the cables.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I put one of them on to get the rack bag to clear something mounted on the bars. Made no difference to clearing the gear cables with Sora.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Like others I've run Shimano shifters with a slight bend in the cable to accomodate a bar bag (on R&K mount)
Just a bit of a faff getting bag on & off sometimes, and that combined with numb hands from riding the Shimano hoods led me to try Campag Ergo shifters .... solves the cable problem at least.

gwhite

Über Member
If you don't want to use the extender then it's possible to use V brake noodles encasing the cables at the hoods to bend the cables away from the bar space.

Top Bottom