Fitting mystery bike to Mystery trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We've had a donation of a bike with a training unit. I've checked the bike but I don't really see how to fit it to the trainer. I'm assuming the trainer should fit onto the axle, but I'm not sure how that works when the wheel has a QR fitting. Am I missing something?

Trainer_01.jpg

Trainer_02.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
If it’s like mine, the QR (a specific one) fits into the trainer. It clamps in when the trainer is closed. This is the QR fitted to the bike I use in trainer (very occasionally)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 4

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You need to raise the front wheel!
I borrowed a basic trainer from my local bike hub when I injured my knee: it looked exactly like yours @Andy in Germany.
In addition, a kind of platform with a tyre shaped groove was supplied.
The front wheel of the bike goes in that platform, to keep it firmly put.
In conclusion, the back wheel goes in the trainer via the special quick release skewer, while the front wheel is raised off the floor, on the platform.
The result is not wobbly at all.

I borrowed a basic trainer from my local bike hub when I injured my knee: it looked exactly like yours @Andy in Germany.
In addition, a kind of platform with a tyre shaped groove was supplied.
The front wheel of the bike goes in that platform, to keep it firmly put.
In conclusion, the back wheel goes in the trainer via the special quick release skewer, while the front wheel is raised off the floor, on the platform.
The result is not wobbly at all.

The bike was wobbling back and forth as it bounced on the rear tyre, which was very disconcerting.

Top Bottom