Fitting upgraded Brakes and Calipers..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
On my mtb I have some standard Deore brakes and have just bought some XT M 875 brakes and calipers as an upgrade.
On the advert is says there easy to fit even if you have to shorten them and they come ready bled..
So how easy are they to fit ? is there any tips or is it all as straight forward as they say.

Cheers.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
All very straight forward unless you need to shorten. If you do need to shorten then there are a few techniques you can use so you don't have to bleed afterwards.

Jody

Stubborn git
It really is straight forward to swap over. Re-bleed isn't to difficult and you can pick a bleed kit up for about a tenner including the genuine Shimano funnel.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just seen this video, might be of some help?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgz3EoteGRU

Thanks I will load that onto my tablet as we fly to the UK on Friday with the Superfly..
Another great bit of info..
Cheers.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi Guys..

Been to the UK for a week and upgraded the brake calipers and with a help of a friend who had done his before it all went to plan and all fitted?
PS.. It was easier with someone who had done it before helping but confident I could do it on my own now.. so thanks one and all for the replies they were very helpful. :okay:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Here's the finished bike the Trek Superfly 5.. full XT..

Trek Superfly 5   Jan 2016.jpg

Thanks again for all your help guys.. :okay:

Top Bottom