Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I need some new bar tape on one of my bikes. Can't be seen riding round with it in the state it's in currently, any vouchers left? 🤔
PS I'd do it myself but I'm not too good with bar tape & I pay loads of tax myself :okay:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Write to Nicola and ask her to fund a scheme in Scotland?

We now have a scheme for Scotland :smile:

30,000 repairs are available at £50 each on a first come-first served basis. Include trikes, tandems, cargo bikes and even manual wheelchairs.

https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/cycle-repair-scheme-launched-to-keep-scotland-pedalling/

“It is funded by the Scottish Government and delivered through Cycling UK and participating retailers to provide free bike repair and maintenance work up to a value of £50.

This will encourage old bikes out of storage and back onto our roads, as well as keeping well-used bikes pedalling smoothly and safely thanks to the skills and services of bike mechanics right across Scotland. Inclusivity and accessibility are at the heart of the scheme. All cycles are welcome including adult and child bikes, tandems, trikes, handcycles, non-standard and adapted bikes. People who use manual wheelchairs are also eligible to access free repairs.

This is part of the Scottish Government’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, which includes the £30 million Spaces for People temporary infrastructure initiative and other behavioural change programmes. The Scotland Cycle Repair Scheme will help maintain the positive increase in the numbers of people we have seen cycling across the country while helping to manage demand on public transport. A total of 30,000 repairs are available across Scotland, providing more people with access to greener and healthier travel options as we continue to move through the Scottish Government Routemap to Recovery. Almost 100 bikes shops – from Shetland to Dumfries – are already signed up to the scheme, with many more expected to join in the coming days.

Primarily, the scheme is aimed at people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford these repairs. No voucher or registration is required – just contact a local participating bike shop. By doing so, the public will help provide a guaranteed source of income for these shops while at the same time benefitting from free professional repairs. Repairs of up to £50 per person are available on a first come basis until the £1.5 million fund has been exhausted.”

hatler

Guru
Sadly, with traffic seemingly back to pre-lockdown levels, the attraction of jumping on the unused bike in the shed will have passed most ex- or non-cyclists by. They've missed a trick here by not rolling this out much much faster.

mustang1

Guru
£50 for a BSO service:
New brake pads or a chain, an adjustment. Ensure all the nuts are tight. I would have thought £50 is alright for that.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My next door neighbour, who I have done some bike repairs for in the pat, put a message out on the local whats app group saying that her husband had been successful in getting a voucher, but the website crashed before she got one. Has anybody got one that they didn't want, and could she have it?:laugh:
I am not a bike shop by the way, so would not get any benefit from it.:tongue:

vickster

Legendary Member
My next door neighbour, who I have done some bike repairs for in the pat, put a message out on the local whats app group saying that her husband had been successful in getting a voucher, but the website crashed before she got one. Has anybody got one that they didn't want, and could she have it?:laugh:
I am not a bike shop by the way, so would not get any benefit from it.:tongue:
Why did her husband not request 2?
I don’t think they are easily transferable as you have to give bike details as part of the application process

Czabby

Can anyone advise if it is possible to change the bike nominated on the voucher...I put the gf and should have put my daughters...the shop won’t do it unless it’s officially change and I have messaged the energy guys but no reply as yet...cheers

Can anyone advise if it is possible to change the bike nominated on the voucher...I put the gf and should have put my daughters...the shop won’t do it unless it’s officially change and I have messaged the energy guys but no reply as yet...cheers

You can change the bike by logging back in and amend the voucher but not the person who claimed the voucher.

Top Bottom