Fixmystreet wins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Hard to harvest p1ss from a dog, I'd of thought!

You’ve clearly tried

I have come across several places where a bin has been removed - sometimes clearly permanently sometime clearly just until it can be replaced due to vandalism
In most cases "some people" seem to think that it a good idea to just chuck their rubbish there anyway

I think some of them think (using the word 'think' in an advisory context) that they are doing a good thing as they are registering a protest about the bin being removed
In reality they are being unthinking idiots

Worst case was on the Bridgewater canal where a bin was built and installed by locals - and maintained by them. I think the actual bin was made by a school
This was clear due to a poster on the bin and a sign beside it

so - naturally - someone decided to burn the bin down after several years and the local chairty (or whatever) could no longer afford the time/energy/money to replace it
Every time I pass it the concrete base is covered with litter and dog poo bags.
Apparently the dog poo fairy is expected to come along and clear it up - or maybe their mummy - who knows what they think!

same applies to a viewing place at Liverpool Airport
There were never any bins there - a while before Covid "they" put some small bins in the lamp-posts - which were quickly filled up
Naturally people just chucked their rubbish on the floor below the bin - even if the bins further up were still empty!!!!

Then - ver Covid - the bonds were sealed up and then removed and it stayed like that when lockdown finished
SO people just chucked rubbish under the lamp-posts where the bins used to be

After a while a wheelie bin appeared - it filled up quickly so people just jammed the lid up (ever heard of rain???) and piled the rubbish in where it fell off onto the ground
after which the ground was used

now there is no bin anymore

It is private land so the land owner is responsible for keeping it clear - or they can just fence it all off and save themselves the problem!

Badger_Boom

Ãœber Member
I have come across several places where a bin has been removed - sometimes clearly permanently sometime clearly just until it can be replaced due to vandalism
In most cases "some people" seem to think that it a good idea to just chuck their rubbish there anyway

I think some of them think (using the word 'think' in an advisory context) that they are doing a good thing as they are registering a protest about the bin being removed
In reality they are being unthinking idiots

Worst case was on the Bridgewater canal where a bin was built and installed by locals - and maintained by them. I think the actual bin was made by a school
This was clear due to a poster on the bin and a sign beside it

so - naturally - someone decided to burn the bin down after several years and the local chairty (or whatever) could no longer afford the time/energy/money to replace it
Every time I pass it the concrete base is covered with litter and dog poo bags.
Apparently the dog poo fairy is expected to come along and clear it up - or maybe their mummy - who knows what they think!

same applies to a viewing place at Liverpool Airport
There were never any bins there - a while before Covid "they" put some small bins in the lamp-posts - which were quickly filled up
Naturally people just chucked their rubbish on the floor below the bin - even if the bins further up were still empty!!!!

Then - ver Covid - the bonds were sealed up and then removed and it stayed like that when lockdown finished
SO people just chucked rubbish under the lamp-posts where the bins used to be

After a while a wheelie bin appeared - it filled up quickly so people just jammed the lid up (ever heard of rain???) and piled the rubbish in where it fell off onto the ground
after which the ground was used

now there is no bin anymore

It is private land so the land owner is responsible for keeping it clear - or they can just fence it all off and save themselves the problem!

Not quite the same but we have a passive-aggressive dog owner living nearby. Every morning when I take our pooch for a walk we find that someone has very carefully bagged their dog toffee and then carefully placed it either next to, or on top of the bin.

Top Bottom