Fixmystreet wins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I used to use it regularly but seem to use the local councils flytipping report page more often than not nowadays.

That's another useful option. Whichever works best in your area!

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
That's another useful option. Whichever works best in your area!

Should have said, Fixmystreet worked very well for me. I guess there was a hiatus in me reporting at some stage, probably forgot the routine and found the council route.
99.9% of my reports are fir flytipping tbf.

This thread reminded me that I intended to report a fly tip I ran across a couple of days ago
SO yesterday I used to site to report it - needed to anyway as I was not sure which area it came under!

Anyway - that was yesterday and today I got an email from Warrington saying that their procedure has changed and I needed to re-do the report on their site and confirm the report

So I went to the fixmystreet and told them about the change so they can look at how to take it into account
then went to report it on the Warrington site
WHAT a faff!!
I had to confirm that I wanted to report fly tipping about 6 times on one screen!!!
Then go through several screens to actually report it

The Halton one I normally use is just an email - far less faff!

Actually just had a phone call from Warrington counsel
Basically thanking me personally for reporting the fly tipping and updating me as to the status
Turns out that quite a few people have reported it - which is good to hear - so some investigation has already been done
The land, in spite of looking like a normal road, is actually a normal road at the start, then becomes part of the nature reserve before finally being owned by the company that owns the company that owns the company that owns the factory at the end of the road.
Hence it took them a while to work out who owned the bit where the fly-tip is

Anyway - the point is (finally!) that they went to all teh trouble of ringing me personally to tell me about it all and explain it.

Which - to be honest - seems a bit over the top - but very nice to be thanked and kept up to date.
But an email automatically sent to everyone who had reported it would have been fine!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Yesterday evening, I reported some aggravating new traffic lights the change for no reason.
This morning, a reply..

Screenshot_20230511-161458~2.png

I'll report back in 6 months :laugh:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Yesterday evening, I reported some aggravating new traffic lights the change for no reason.
This morning, a reply..

View attachment 689103

I'll report back in 6 months :laugh:

They work properly now 😁

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

A recent win on Fixmystreet..
A few weeks ago I reported some collapsed manhole covers on a junction near my house. They could wreck a bike and its rider quite easily if it wasn't spotted, and damage a car tyre/suspension, too.
I got a report back the following day saying it wasn't within their criteria for repair!

Today, however, this lot turned up 😅

DSC_3325.JPG

DSC_3322~2.JPG

Turns out there's a big hole now as the water mains have collapsed underground 👌💦

Presumably same reason people bag it, then, hang the bag on a tree or just drop the bag on the ground?

I saw a thread on 'dog poo bags' on another forum

SOmeone said that a lot of people put it in a bag and then carry on - then pick it up on the way back so as to avoid carrying a bag of poo all the way there and back

which might explain a few - but some people must be on their way to the Far east for a dog walk because some of those bags have been there all summer!!!!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Under the heading 'Be careful what you wish for'....

DSC_3132.JPG

This is where the bin I got 'sorted' used to be.
Some people appear to not have noticed that it's gone! 😝

Top Bottom