Fizik saddle,lost on the Solway...and kindly returned-Thank you!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Firstly,if you are the gentleman who took my bag into Palace Cycles in Carlisle,many thanks for your kindness,I hope that one day I shall be able to thank you in person.May well happen, thats my LBS,so who knows! For the rest of you,this in brief is the tale.Yesterday I arrived home to find my bag missing,gone with it was my house key!Whatever,I retraced the latter(and most Paris -_Roubaix like part of the route),no luck.So this afternoon I went into the shop to replace the bag and the kit inside.As I was looking over the bags one of the staff,Jon, asked if Id lost a bag on the Solway.When I said "yes" he replied "its upstairs" and shot off to get it,leaving me astonished downstairs.Sure enough there it was,my bag.It seems that it was handed in this morning,having been found on a bin somewhere along my route by someone who had gone out of his way to try and reunite bag and owner.The staff suspected it might be one of their customers by the Birzman levers which they sell-but which customer?Then in I walk!!Now usually that means Im there to ask inane questions or possibly actually buy something(a new bike,shortly)but this was really quite astonishing.In one sense it is,but it does show the kindness of other people(cyclists especially :smile:)in circumstances where perhaps the easiest thing to do was...nothing yet they chose to do otherwise.It also highlights in perhaps an admittedly extreme way the value of a LBS(try that at Wiggles door)and their relationship with their customers.So thank you once again sir,for your kindness.

Now,I know youll all be worried so-yes I did get in the house and the naughty bag is now as secure as can be,and wil be retired shortly.:okay:

MikeW-71

Veteran
An unexpected, but very welcome result! :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 23692

That's a a strange sting of coincidences. Someone (or thing) certainly smiled on you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Indeed!And whats more,Id walked past Wetherspoons on the way to the shop,so I walked in for a :okay:pint on the way back into town!-Doom Bar-4%-very nice

Top Bottom