Flanders 2014 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greipel involved as well
It was Greipel who had him off in the tour with the fractured hip.

montage

God Almighty
It was Greipel who had him off in the tour with the fractured hip.

Greipel was shown pretty far back in the group with about 12km to go - possibly taking risks to move up. Need to watch the crash a few more times before pointing the finger of blame though

Greipel was shown pretty far back in the group with about 12km to go - possibly taking risks to move up. Need to watch the crash a few more times before pointing the finger of blame though
Ah ok, I caught the end of it and kinda assumed. Listening in French whilst looking at another page meant I didn't cotton on in time to see the full replay.

I still can't work out how Thomas ended up on his arse, he was a fair distance away from the NetApp pair who seem to be at the heart of the incident. Does he just throw himself to the deck at every opportunity?

Ah right, didn't see Thomas to the right of the shot and thought he was further back.

The Couch

Über Member
Greipel was actually ahead of the crash but the falling bike/rider behind him, caught him and made him crash as well
(Greipel puts the blame on Farrar who wanted to go to the front in a mad way)
I am assuming G was just envious that all those people crashing this week and he hadn't been in any of them yet.

Looking at the tumble Stannard took, I believe (and hope) nothing vital should be hit, but let's see if Sky releases any update on him.

The Couch

Über Member
By the way, some interesting comment for the people who can't watch the Belgian sport channel:
Devolder - who had a nice escape attempt at the end of Gent Wevelgem - went to train some extra 50-100K after the derny straight after finishing in Wevelgem... :smile:

Cancellara is the clear leader for RvV and PR, but so was a certain Tom Boonen in 2009.
I am convinced that if he sees an opportunity, he'll attack (first) in the final and have a go at it :becool:

EDIT:
And...oh yeah, I am pretty sure Stijn Vandenbergh will want to honour his new-born daughter and go for "Victoria"

Last edited:

The Couch

Über Member
And then one wonders why there were so much crashes...
media_xll_6619809.jpg

Amateur photographer Damien Vandamme looking for a picture where he can have the riders with "the lions of the monument at the British cemetery Berks Cemetery Extension" on the background.
"That's my style, I take often pictures like these of sporting events"
"But have I endangered my life or that of someone in the peloton? I think not. I don't understand the commotion."

Top Bottom