Flashing headlights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Maybe they don't. Consider the condition of the vehicles, condition of the roads, the greater numbers of pedestrians and cyclists....... and maybe many of the fatalities in India happen in places other than urban junctions
Fair point (I've never driven in India, so can't even throw in personal anecdote to back up flimsy statistics) - though I'd still be hesitant to invoke Indian traffic systems as models of road safety.

400bhp

Guru
The " traffic" is ,moving , all you are doing is changing what the make up of the traffic is, by adding one more from the right , at the detriment of those behind.

No actually, it depends upon the flow of traffic in all directions and the repercussions of hold ups. See other replies, but if you leave a space to let someone come across, you have not taken up perhaps 7-8 ft of space, whereas the car waiting to tuen is holding up an infinite amount of space in front of him and the "open road".

D

Deleted member 1258

When did lorry drivers start flashing their headlights to show that the overtaking vehicle has passed them and it's safe to pull in? Only noticed that the last few years.

They've been doing that for many years, I used to drive a van as part of my job, spent a lot of time on the motorways, and it was a common sight.

Top Bottom