Flashing LEDs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
atbman said:
Such irresponsibility. Don't you realise you might be mistaken for a fire engine or an ambulance?

Great! They CAN go thro red lights!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
atbman said:
Such irresponsibility. Don't you realise you might be mistaken for a fire engine or an ambulance?

Are you suggesting that anyone could confuse me with 3 tonnes of bright redness?

*Looks in mirror*

*Cries in corner and vows to go on diet*

atbman said:

Only if I use the clip on blue flashing light given to me by a friendly Met officer. PURELY for off road use of course.

I can assure you that as a 'Plod' we are grateful to anyone who lights up! if they can manage to keep off the pavement as well our gratitude is increased....

When we do neighbourhood surveys what are residents priorities? Burglars? No. Drugs? No. Cyclists on pavements? YES! Cyclists without lights? YES!

The funny thing here about cycling on pavements is everyone does it even me.(in Japan I mean not in England)

I can assure you that as a 'Plod' we are grateful to anyone who lights up! if they can manage to keep off the pavement as well our gratitude is increased....

When we do neighbourhood surveys what are residents priorities? Burglars? No. Drugs? No. Cyclists on pavements? YES! Cyclists without lights? YES!

The funny thing here about cycling on pavements is everyone does it even me.(in Japan I mean not in England)

Arch

Married to Night Train
dondare said:
Do motorists ever shout to each other "You can't use your fog lamps if it isn't foggy!"?

Yes, they do, it's just that the other guy can't hear them, like John says...

When I drive, I also tell other drivers off for all sorts of things. I do it as a pedestrian as well. Pointless, because they don't have a clue I'm doing it. But we all have to have our little rants...

Arch

Married to Night Train
dondare said:
Do motorists ever shout to each other "You can't use your fog lamps if it isn't foggy!"?

Yes, they do, it's just that the other guy can't hear them, like John says...

When I drive, I also tell other drivers off for all sorts of things. I do it as a pedestrian as well. Pointless, because they don't have a clue I'm doing it. But we all have to have our little rants...

Terminator said:

They do. I visited Japan for a conference a few years ago and I learned very quickly that you have to walk in straight lines, unless you want to get knocked over. I would be interested to know what the statistics are for accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists in Japan.

Terminator said:

They do. I visited Japan for a conference a few years ago and I learned very quickly that you have to walk in straight lines, unless you want to get knocked over. I would be interested to know what the statistics are for accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists in Japan.

Mountaincarrot

Thanks for the news that flashing LED's now legal. I still maintain that permanently lit LED's show up better than the flashing ones. At the end of the day there is after all more light energy getting in the drivers eyes, it has to help.
Perhaps my bias is because when driving we see so many useless dim rear flashing LED's on bikes.

I recon that if a car driver thinks I'm a cyclist (because he sees a flashing light), he would be more likely to approach fast and cut me up than if he thinks I might be a motorbike or a car with a rear light out. Hence I use the brightest rear LED's I can lay hands on and choose to use them always solid on.

Mountaincarrot

Thanks for the news that flashing LED's now legal. I still maintain that permanently lit LED's show up better than the flashing ones. At the end of the day there is after all more light energy getting in the drivers eyes, it has to help.
Perhaps my bias is because when driving we see so many useless dim rear flashing LED's on bikes.

I recon that if a car driver thinks I'm a cyclist (because he sees a flashing light), he would be more likely to approach fast and cut me up than if he thinks I might be a motorbike or a car with a rear light out. Hence I use the brightest rear LED's I can lay hands on and choose to use them always solid on.

Cab

I find it harder to judge the rate and direction of travel of cycles lit solely by flashing LEDs. Don't get me wrong, I can do so, but I definitely prefer a solid light.

Top Bottom