Flat Pedal Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
On my mtb at the moment I have a cheap pair of flat pedals, nylon toe clips and I use just ordinary trainers as shoes.

So if buying a better pair of pedals and a better pair of flat pedal shoes and still using the nylon toe clips would make any difference, without going clipless..

They seem to sell a lot of flat pedals..
What do you think?

Peteaud

Veteran
DMR V8

The best flat pedals ever (imho)

Cubist

Still wavin'
Don't bother with the nylon toe clips. Superstar nanotechs are evey bit as grippy as v8s, but are a slimmer profile. With a pair of waffle soled trainers or skate shoes from sportdirect or wherever, you will feel welded to the pedals. Nanotech thrupins screw in from underneath, so can be easily removed when damaged. The nanotechs look better too. :biggrin: I haveboth, and far prefer the feel of the nanotechs.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Don't bother with the nylon toe clips. Superstar nanotechs are evey bit as grippy as v8s, but are a slimmer profile. With a pair of waffle soled trainers or skate shoes from sportdirect or wherever, you will feel welded to the pedals. Nanotech thrupins screw in from underneath, so can be easily removed when damaged. The nanotechs look better too. :biggrin: I haveboth, and far prefer the feel of the nanotechs.

I will have a look at them too..
Cheers..

Peteaud

Veteran
Really? Better even than DMR V12s?

In terms of bang per buck, yes.

V12 are very nice but double the cost.

So if i ever need another set of flats, i will go for the V8 again.

Cubist

Still wavin'
The middle pin on the leading edge is the shredder. Take that out and reduce you chances of gory, bloody rippage.
My right shin is just nicely scabbed over from last week's contact with the alloy surround on the old M545s. I've swapped for some more XT 785 trail at Merlin (much bargains please), so even clips are no guarantee of no pedal rash......

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

Just been searching for the waffle soled trainers and they appear to have several different types of sole but all called waffle, so does it matter too much or is it just your own choice..

Top Bottom