Flat Pedal Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
If you're shopping around for DMR V8s, IIRC the Wellgo V8s are exactly the same just with a different logo. I'd also heard the DMR V8 Magnesium were identical to the Wellgo MG1 which are also incredibly popular.

Compared to those plastic flats, the flats with screws are so grippy, with my rubber soled trainers I cant even alter my foot position without consciously lifting my foot off first. They really are sharp though and cut up your shins given the chance. :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
If you're shopping around for DMR V8s, IIRC the Wellgo V8s are exactly the same just with a different logo. I'd also heard the DMR V8 Magnesium were identical to the Wellgo MG1 which are also incredibly popular.

Compared to those plastic flats, the flats with screws are so grippy, with my rubber soled trainers I cant even alter my foot position without consciously lifting my foot off first. They really are sharp though and cut up your shins given the chance. :smile:

The pedals don't come with shin pads then.. :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Just been searching for the waffle soled trainers and they appear to have several different types of sole but all called waffle, so does it matter too much or is it just your own choice..
Your own choice and budget. If you can get a feel of them some are noticeably softer than others, but to be fair, any skate or BMX shoe will be fine. Soles vary from this sort of thing, designed specifically for pinned pedals
10757-849845-p.jpg

to these skate shoes with soft rubber grippy waffle soles (Vans)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv4uB6aZGuHk5aJ0tI-QSQMNvSmWhpYnhoY02ozSsuJ1TYy29Nug.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'd be tempted to get some with padded tongue and uppers, rather than the skinny canvas ones, simply because they will protect your feet better.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I like the look of the DMR V8 mags pedals at about £30 plus I can get free delivery to Spain which helps.
Will have a look in a few shops for the shoes now I know what to look for.

Cheers..

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i use the Welgo copies of them DMR V8's.... a very grippy pedal, no matter what shoes I wear, from huge gt walking boots, leather 'shoe' shoes, trainers or plimsolls... my foot has never slipped off and they've never whacked me in the shin.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Hmmmmm... I wonder which Taiwanese factory produces these beauties..... the same ones as Superstar perhaps? http://moovemtb.com/torque-flat-pedals-thru-pin

Superstar are in a sale at the moment, so there's little difference in price

I did try the Superstar advert a couple of times as the price offered was £39 for the nano's but when you went to the paypout the pedals then become £78 so I gave up and got some cheap DMR V8's just to see how I get on..

Laters :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I did try the Superstar advert a couple of times as the price offered was £39 for the nano's but when you went to the paypout the pedals than become £78 so I gave up and got some cheap DMR V8's just to see how I get on..

Laters :smile:
That's because the choice tick box on the page defaults to ti axles. Click the dropdown and check "No Upgrade"

I wonder if they know they've probably lost sales that way?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
That's because the choice tick box on the page defaults to ti axles. Click the dropdown and check "No Upgrade"

I wonder if they know they've probably lost sales that way?

They did have two options which I tried and both said £39 and both were £78 at the payout.. shame really.
But I will try the V8's for £22 and if all goes well then I will get some better pedals in a few months time..

I did try some really cheap nylon flats that came with the Trek mtb, they were £8 to buy but had little or no grip at all and with a pair of well used trainers I did get a sore left knee, but with some good pedals and waffle shoes it will be great turn round I'm sure.

Cheers .. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom